buses and evc

minniegidget

Can't wait till I can go back to Disney
I will be traveling with 5 adutls 3 of them will have there own evc ( we are bringing 2 and renting one from off site) my question is how many evc will fit on one bus. We will have our own car so I was thinking for the most part just driving to the parks but from everything I have read we do not want to driving to the MK. Also how many evc will fit on the water taxi from SSR to DD?

You are going to have a real problem. The Disney buses can only handle two ECVs or wheelchairs.

There is no car I can think of that will be able to hold even two ECVs in a trunk.

A few years ago we had two people using ECVs (out of a party of six). For one person it was critical, for the other necessary only in the parks. We would always drive with one, and when both were needed a few of the people would take the bus.

About the only things I could think might work would be renting a fairly large van with the back seat removed.

I believe you can contact transportation and they do have a bus that can handle more than 2 ECVs at a time. The standard bus handles 2 ECVs.
I don't know how many ECVs the water taxi will accommodate but I will warn you that the ramp at downtown Disney is quite steep.

They do have ways to handle situations like yours. When you check in, ask at the front desk how to contact Transportation. They have small buses that can transport up to 5 wheelchairs/ecvs at a time. When you are ready to go somewhere, you will contact Transportation directly and arrange to be picked up. You can do that from your resort and from the parks to come back.

:chat:

WE RENTED OUR ECV SCOOTER FROM CAREMEDICAL THEY WERE GREAT. PROFESSIONAL AND DEPENDABLE . I called them for our last minute trip the day before and upon check in the next day there it was!!!

I hate to tell you this but with three ecv you will need to stay at the poly /grand floridian / or my personal favorite the contemporary resort. The are just off the monorail and easy access. No parking required . On the buses it takes practice. And sometimes it can be embarrassing and frustrating. It takes more than a few tries to back into the lift. ONLY TWO WHEELCHAIRS FIT ON THE BUS.

:wave2:
On the monorail you probably have a better chance of getting your whole party on different spots.

::MickeyMo

Its a whole lot easier the attendant will pull up a ramp and in you go no parking required!!!!!When you get to where your going the attendant rolls out the ramp again and reverse you go just like a elevator.

We dread the buses but will use them when needed. \\

Rent the ecv you need in advance it makes things sooo much easier my dad was sooo happy to see the scooter . He was all over the hotel and grounds . He was just a blurr moving through the lobby and poolside it was soooo much fun to see him mobile. My two year hitched a ride / he was also caught in the hallways racing with my ten year old.

Remeber stay at any of the hotels off the monorail its the way to gooooooooooooo!::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :wave: :wave: :earsgirl:

Originally posted by aimee11621

My two year hitched a ride

It is VERY unsafe, even dangerous, to allow a child to ride on an ECV.

If the child accidently leans against the control lever it can cause the ECV to crash into a wall or a person (or even more than one person). You are talking about an over 100 pound piece of machinery travelling at as much as five miles per hour, plus the passenger weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter