Busier Day Thurday or Monday

klh999

Mouseketeer
I need some help.. I am planning a trip for the weekend of Jan 23 to the 27th of 2004.

Should I plan on visiting the parks Thursday through Monday (arriving early on Thursday and leaving late of Monday)

or Friday through Tuesday (arriving early on Friday LEaving late on Tuesday)

What is a better day to visit Thursday or Monday. Which seniaro will be less crowded.

Thanks in advance for your help
Kristy

Well, it probably depends on WHICH park(s) on which days. That is a really "low-crowd" time of year, though. Most days should be great! Do you plan on doing the Extra Magic Hours if you're staying at a Disney resort?

We were at WDW that same time period last year, and the only days that really stand out were Sunday (MGM was fairly busy) and Friday (MK was busy).

Monday to Thursday was very slow, even with sunny skies and temps in the low-70s.

Most weekends in January there are cheerleading or dance competitions at the Wide World of Sports facility. As I understand it, the groups will compete on Saturday and Sunday, with most either arriving a day early (Friday) or leaving a day late (Monday) to visit one of the parks. Most of the groups will exclusively visit the Magic Kingdom, so try to schedule your touring accordingly.

I would also recommend avoiding the All Star resorts at all costs. When you get groups of teenage girls together away from their parents...well, it doesn't take an overactive imagination to figure out what can happen. You will see the clusters of girls at the parks, but you definitely don't want to see them at your pool (particularly if you have a room with a pool view) or in the room next to/above/below yours.

Thanks so much for the advice tjkraz. I had actually booked a room at the wildnerness lodge based on the fact I had read that in the official guide and wanted to stay away from the all stars. But was seriously considering switching to a All star because of price, but after your reply, I quickly remembered it would be better to pay the extra dollars and stay at the Wildnerness lodge, considering I will be bringing my two nephews, 5 and 7 and dont want to subjet them to that. Or for that fact myself.

I remember being one of those teenagers. But I dont wont to relive my teenage years

Thanks again for the advice, I will keep it in mind.

Kristy

You will love the WL as will the kids, I would vote on Friday to Tuesday - if you plan to exercise your EMH (Fri - AK, Sat - MGM, Sun - MK, Mon - Epcot (not EMH that day), finish off with another dose of MK on Tuesday - not sure what time you plan to leave Tuesday but you might be able to get a later check out to allow time to go to MK and back and still pop into the room for a shower etc.

DS#1 and I did this at the CR back in May and it was great to go to MK in the am and then back for a quick shower and then leave to go to MCO :(

Aerial pick of WL:

http://www.disneypix.com/2000ft/Roll3/Roll03_006.htm
http://www.disneypix.com/2000ft/Roll4/Roll04_006.htm

If cost is a concern, POR is a good compromise as well:

http://www.disneypix.com/2000ft/Roll5/Roll05_015.htm

thanks
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter