Business Owners

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
Mods please let me know if this is not ok. But I wanted to start a thread for other small business owners that are also on the DIS, I noticed there are quite a few in the credit cards thread. I figure this could be a place for all of us to connect and ask questions about running our businesses, problems we may have encountered, ask for recommendations on any financial solutions or business programs, etc.

As per the pinned post at the top of the budget board. Please don't post the link to your business or try to solicit customers but do introduce yourself! Let us know what industry you're in, any problems or questions you might have, any deals you've found for small businesses, etc.

I'll kick it off I own an entertainment company. We're looking for a payroll software at the moment so if you have any suggestions let me know!

I also learned that Staples Business is running a promotion where their membership is $15 (usually $50) for the first year! Free shipping and $2 back on any ink cartridges you bring back to recycle!

I also own a few entertainment businesses. A haunted house, a DJ company, and I buy/sell/refurbish arcade, pinball, and coin operated machines. I don't have a need for payroll software, but I've heard Square is starting a payroll option. Might work if you are a small company.

Well, for starters, read books about how to do business properly and how to prepare it correctly. Not everything is as simple as we would like. There are too many difficult points that need to be understood and properly closed.

We're looking for a payroll software at the moment so if you have any suggestions let me know!
LOL. I asked my friend who is Business Manager for a company with 12 employees. I can't help you. The owners insist that payroll be done the old fashioned way, no software. And the owners won't even allow an Internet connection in the office.

I own a financial counseling business where I work with folks in my community get a handle on their finances. It's small, just me.

I own a digital marketing business. I help small business with marketing their business online, everything from managing websites, to social media, to online advertising and email marketing. With the websites I help them with content creation, content management and search engine optimisation.

I own a massage studio focusing on women’s health. I specialize in fertility and Menopause massage (yes, there are such things). My biggest challenge is getting clients. I have no problem keeping clients, but engaging people is so hard

I own a massage studio focusing on women’s health. I specialize in fertility and Menopause massage (yes, there are such things). My biggest challenge is getting clients. I have no problem keeping clients, but engaging people is so hard

Have you checked into fertility clinics? Perhaps you can put business cards onto their bulletin boards.

I am in the autoglass industry.

I use Quickbooks, Intuit Online Payroll. Less then 10 employees and subcontractors. Works great on both ends. I have never had an issue.

I second the fertility clinic idea. Maybe also try some local doctors offices?

Have you checked into fertility clinics? Perhaps you can put business cards onto their bulletin boards.
I've met with several businesses that help women (doula, midwife and accunpuncture). The fertility clinic is next on my list. I was just waiting on all marketing material to come in, and it did over the weekend.

Mods please let me know if this is not ok. But I wanted to start a thread for other small business owners that are also on the DIS, I noticed there are quite a few in the credit cards thread. I figure this could be a place for all of us to connect and ask questions about running our businesses, problems we may have encountered, ask for recommendations on any financial solutions or business programs, etc.

As per the pinned post at the top of the budget board. Please don't post the link to your business or try to solicit customers but do introduce yourself! Let us know what industry you're in, any problems or questions you might have, any deals you've found for small businesses, etc.

I'll kick it off I own an entertainment company. We're looking for a payroll software at the moment so if you have any suggestions let me know!

I also learned that Staples Business is running a promotion where their membership is $15 (usually $50) for the first year! Free shipping and $2 back on any ink cartridges you bring back to recycle!
If you decide to use QuickBooks, I'd highly suggest the NON-online version. You can upgrade to the payroll version, which downloads your tax tables and even will export your tax returns to file online. I only suggest the old fashioned version because we back up every month to a rewritable CD. This has saved us a couple of times with power surges and computer failures.

Used to run the snack bar at the kids' school and using a Square may cost you a percentage upfront, but it'll collect the money faster and gives options for tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter