But we are HERE , What do you mean we are NOT going???

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Okay so after some glitches along the way we have have arrived in Shady Pines RV Resort in Galloway Township NJ. We came her as it less than 20 miles from Atlantic City NJ and tomorrow night we have tickets to see Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper at the Boardwalk Hall.
Trip started out well. Spent Yesterday checking on all the stuff we leave packed and adding some of what we acquired over the Food all came out as I had turned on fridge 2 days ahead of time This morning the last minute stuff went out and beyond belief we were pulling out of the driveway at 10 am Me in the coach riding point and Lucille in her car with the kids following me. Katie started crying once she realized I wasn't there and that sent Sky into stress mode. Normally we all ride together but since the Prius is t not tow friendly and we each drive one his is the best alternative for now
Once we crossed into Jersey the fun started

The answer is easy.

You should have booked tickets for a Chicago concert of course (not Cindy and Rod).

36.jpg

(The cover from C34 which is their (like) 24th studio album....)

They have been pleasing their millions of fans for over 50 years and finally got into the R&R HoF last year.

To calm the animals I suggest Chicago II...

2-2.jpg

On their current tour (2018), the band has sung the C2 double album and following that has launched into their Greatest Hits. Needless to say, it's a wonderfully long concert - this summer you can find them touring with REO Speedwagon.

PS - To keep up, the album "Chicago Transit Authority" is considered to be C1. But when the city objected to the use of the CTA acronym, the second studio album was released under the name, Chicago. But in the discography it is referred to as C2 because the subsequent album was released as C3.

PPS - link to the current C2 album sung on tour by the current lineup

https://www.amazon.com/Chicago-II-L.../ref=tmm_msc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

The more you know....

Last edited:
Ed while I have no doubt that Chicago does a great show there are some minor technical issues that we would need to . resolve. Such as while it a Saturday. and on the 4th it is in August not July They will be performing inside the Hall not in park outside it. That and Lucille and I have an agreement. If she gets to drag me to a Rod concert ( Not really he does do a great show bonus is his Mandolin/Violin player Tobi is super cute) I get to drag her to see ( We'll be back here in 2.5 weeks to see the GREATEST AMERICAN BAND OF ALL TIME. Sorry Ed it's NOT Wilbur Duckworth and his All Girl Marching Band ) THE BEACH BOYS

The primary route for us to get here is the AC Expressway. To reach it I have 3 options. First is to take route that is a Local road through a bunch of small towns with lots of lights. Not so good. Second is to take NJ Turnpike to local road a few miles and then a local road for 5 miles to AC Ex. Not bad in the car but just before Expressway is low RR Overpass so that is out. Third is cross into NJ cut over to I 295 go north a few exits jump on SR 42 go 1 exit get off and back on 42 in opposite direrction to ACE. As we got off 295 a truck blocked Lucille from following me and she missed the turn around and is headed to Philly. Before we left I gave her the address of this place and told her to punch into her GPS. Well she is going to do it NOW. She must have lost her regional setting as it now wants to send her to a place in British Columbia. I am now on a 60 mph highway with no safe place to stop the only rest stop I go to wait for her. After an hour She finally showed up. The Kids are all stressed out so while Lucille visits the Coach I take them for a walk. Sky reluctantly goes while Katie tries to flood the state of NJ Back on the road we go. At the Toll plaza I question modern education For she and I it will be $ 7.50 I give the girl $8 she hands me back $1 this is after seeing sign warning that the Min overpass clearance on this road is 14 feet 2 inches then saw postings on some overpasses as low as 13 - 9

Last edited:

Once I did our BASIC set up it was off to the dog park so the girls could start to unwind some. After 10 min they were ready to leave so back we went. Just in time time make our rig before the skies opened up again. No problem I wanted flush all the water lines to make sure all the anti freeze was out. Good thing too as the water came out foamy for like 2 min on all lines but after that all clear. Then went to hook up CG's Cable only to find out even with their box need direct connect. With no good options for that connect DISH Satellite. No go on that either Message comes thru " Complete Signal Loss" Not sure whats going on there just had new controller put in so if it ever clears up rain wise have to check settings at the dish. No problem we have enough movies with us and some decent booksResized_20180803_201157_2035.jpg
Here are the Girls last night at 8 pm all tuckered out from a tough day

Okay so Friday night we just hung out took a quickie tour of the grounds had a simple dinner of Burgers, Dogs, and Tater Salad. We also finalized our plans for Sat. Night. We looked up some of our old Favorite Restaurants and found many where no longer in existence. Lucille had gotten a message that Parking at the Tropicana provided easy direct access to Boardwalk Hall so that made it a no brainer (remember this for later). Katie was getting excited as she had figured it we out that were discussing going someplace. Well I got that "WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT WILLIS?" look when I said no only Mommy and Daddy are going.
Saturday morning we woke up to some very heavy rain that showed little prospect of clearing out so we did a quick shopping run to pick up treats for the girls. We finally found a CVS so I ran up and got a bag of what they had. I also checked Lucille's onboard GPS and sure as shooting it was set to search for locations in CANADA.

We spent most of Saturday puttering around in the coach testing things out getting more familiar with the layout aNelly nd how things work. The kids love the booth set up they have claimed it a their space which makes things a tad cramped for Lucille and I to sit an be on computers when we want. They also did not care for the cookies we bought them. Did another quickie dinner of burgers and dogs. Happily the dog park is nearby as Sky was a nervous Nelly all weekend and couldn't wait to go out So between downpours that was where spent a lot of our day. Katie was just the opposite and only wanted to Exploring .
After our Dinner we took them out one last before we got ready to go. Lucille took out our tickets while I checked out best route. The kids are now excited and pawing at the gate we have up so we can get in and out without them. They are not happy when I tell them to go lay down Mommy and I are going and they staying home in the house on wheels to keep it safe. Even when I say we are going to a special meeting of the Good Mommy and Daddy Club that works for me at home they want to come and cried till we were out the door.
Concert was great. Lauper was okay but not someone I would go out of my way for. Rod is a PERFORMER. He and his band put on a great show. Lucille was in her glory. The last song he did was from his pre Faces days that he hasn't done for 30+ years . This after she had her hands on one of his soccer balls until the jackwagons in front of her fell backwards into her nearly knocking her out to snatch it from her

Sunday we all kind of slept in as we didn't turn in until well after 1am . When I did wake up it was raining again. I put the coffee on and waited for Lucille to get up to take the kids out happily the rain had stopped by then and it was just super warm and humid. Before it got too bad we went off to explore this resort a little more in depth .
Not a whole lot too it The first too rows are for year round residents and as near as I can tell so are the perimeter sites. While they claim the center 2 rows are pull in behind each other sites they really only hold 1 unit each. We checked out the club house with the comfort station attached and found both to be quite nice and clean. In the afternoon Lucille needed a nap so I grabbed my Trunks and headed for the pool. It is a nice size and mostly family friendly They do provide some soft pool toys , Chaise-lounges are abundant, there are some tables with umbrellas and chairs on a first come basis. The Tiki bar is primarily for themed weekends but is available to permanent residents for larger functions.
For us the draw was the proximity to Atlantic City and the price (First time visitors here get 20% discount) We looked at some others nearby but most didn't have dog park we need for the girls or wanted like $100 per night. We are returning next week to see The Beach Boys.

Back home after this weeks trip back To Shady Pines RV Resort outside of AC. Good trip and got the A SHOW from theBeach Boys. Had to have our site moved as back in they booked us for was too small. Only Pull Thru was next to a permanent resident so did a nominal set up. Small Table, Grill and propane tank. Putting out our awning was doable but tight. Weather was nice temps in 70's/80's but humidity was extreme sky was overcast and Tues am it rained so bad we were all up at 5am. Too bad on the way we couldn't read the signs they had at the toll booth as Wed was the AC Air Show with USAF Thunderbirds. Best we saw was some of the practice they did over the AC Airport less than 5 miles away. Still all in all a good trip got more familiar coach and found some bugs to work out, worked some others out

Glad you got another good trip. This past weekend was some overall cleaning and maintenance on the RV, but we also packed it in with birthdays. Friday night was at a local brewery for one birthday, and then Saturday was at Paradise Springs Winery in Clifton VA. It was nice a great weather weekend, definitely better then the humidity of Monday. I hope to get some more work done on the nose of the RV. That is weather dependent, but looks like no rain for a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!