Butterbeer!

tweedletwin

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

My twin and I are heading to Universal in 3 days for HHN and to live out all of our Gryffindor dreams. We are STOKED!

We’re of course interested in tasting nearly every form of Butterbeer on offer, but we haven’t been able to find a definitive answer on whether or not the hot version is currently available? Anyone know?

And what other wizarding snacks/beverages do you think are must-dos?

Cheers!

No idea for hot butterbeer. For traditional food, try Cranachan at the Leaky Cauldron. It’s a traditional Scottish dessert with layers of toasted oats, (whisky) cream and raspberries.

I’ve booked my first trip since Diagon Alley opened for this winter and already over excited.

I don't know about the hot butterbeer. When they do have it, they don't have it everywhere. Check for it at Three Broomsticks. The other HP treat we really like are the pumpkin pasties at Honeydukes. They're really tasty but best eaten right away. We've carried them around for a bit before eating in the past and they easily get smushed and a bit soggy.

Not sure. It was there early December the last time I was there. I'm wondering if it's only available with the Christmas season. Definitely ask in the Three Broomsticks though!

We always get Earl Grey & Lavender ice cream at FF's. I am bringing some plastic cups with me so I can transfer it from my cone, since I don't care for waffle cones.

When I was there in June, I asked about hot butterbeer and was told it wouldn't be back until the fall. Not sure if they consider September to be fall or not. When we were there in October of 2018, I had some.

Last edited:
No hot butterbeer. October at the earliest for that. It will probably just be in the restaurants when it does come back.

If you want another food mentioned in the books, go to Florean and get the strawberry and peanut butter ice cream. Or if you want a flavor that’s British and hard or impossible to find in the states, get the clotted cream. I think it may be literally frozen clotted cream. It’s a bit sour and excellent. Then there’s the butterbeer soft serve of course. You can pick two flavors unless you get butterbeer. Hogsmeade has hard pack butterbeer ice cream.

The pumpkin juice is also very good and something you can’t really find elsewhere.

I personally am partial to the pumpkin juice. It seems to be an underrated drink as I do not typically see a lot of people talk about it on here, but I love the flavor of it. However, if hot is your thing, unfortunately there is no hot version of it. There was the traditional pumpkin juice and the fizzy kind. Also, just about anything that is edible at WWoHP is good. In terms of one restaurant over the other, I do prefer Three Broomsticks due to their type of food. I love their chicken. Also, the Hog's Head is attached to it which is a fun place to get a drink. If you're wanting to experience more traditional English eats however, The Leaky Cauldron is the place to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!