Buy tickets at the gate or in advance?

MelissaMonicaDrake

Mouseketeer
We have a 6-day trip to WDW trip coming up next month with one day in the middle set aside for Universal. Our kids are 14, 12 and 7. This will be our 7 yo's first time there. The Universal trip is more geared towards our older 2 (HP fans) as we have never been there and they have been dying to go. Not going to lie, my husband is super excited as well, lol. I'm wondering now, though, if it might be best for me to hang back and have a pool/resort day with my youngest while my husband takes our older 2 to Universal. Since they would be one day park-to-park tickets, I don't see any real deals with buying them in advance. Therefore, do you think it'd be okay if we just go with the flow buy the tickets at the gate in case we decide for me and my youngest to hang back at Disney? Or is Universal somewhere we should plan on buying ahead of time??

TIA!

You can buy day of but you suck up precious time doing so. Try and buy ahead. Even stop in the Universal store at MCO and see if you can buy there.
Plenty of fun to be had for a 7 year old! I know my youngest and I could almost spend a happy day just in Camp Jurassic never mind all the shows and rides they were tall enough for. Practicing magic with an interactive wand in WWOHP is a ton of fun too! I’d skip the pool day and just budget for this fun day!

We have a 6-day trip to WDW trip coming up next month with one day in the middle set aside for Universal. Our kids are 14, 12 and 7. This will be our 7 yo's first time there. The Universal trip is more geared towards our older 2 (HP fans) as we have never been there and they have been dying to go. Not going to lie, my husband is super excited as well, lol. I'm wondering now, though, if it might be best for me to hang back and have a pool/resort day with my youngest while my husband takes our older 2 to Universal. Since they would be one day park-to-park tickets, I don't see any real deals with buying them in advance. Therefore, do you think it'd be okay if we just go with the flow buy the tickets at the gate in case we decide for me and my youngest to hang back at Disney? Or is Universal somewhere we should plan on buying ahead of time??

TIA!

Speaking as another "mama", it might be nice to have a "day off" to relax by the pool with your youngest.

The rest of your group could purchase their tickets ahead of time and then, if you do decide to go with them, they could go on ahead through the turnstiles while you are getting tickets for you and your daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!