Buy your prepaid cards at SAMS club

poohraedopey

Mouseketeer
I dont knwo if its the same everywhere but the ATT cards at SAMS in NY are down to just under 4 cents a minute now! We bought 600 minutes for 20$ SO deffinitly go there before your trips! We buy the 6 100 minutes cards and keep one in each car one in each purse/wallet etc. We dont keep regular LD on our phones at all anymore!

I agree! Oldest son is in the Army and we've bought them at Sam's since he went to boot camp. I even go pick them up for friends that have children away at school or out of state. You can't beat it.

I bought the 500 mins back in July and my sister and I share it and we STILL have over an hour left. I put the number on each of my phones at home and use it everytime I call my parents and that's everyday! I had the cheapest long distance bill I've EVER had this month. Great deal!

For the price, you can't beat them. I bought two phone cards from Sams - I use one here at home for long distance calls and one in WDW. What a great money-saver!

I love them also. The best part is if you run out of minutes, you can call the 1-800 number on the card and add more minutes to it. They just charge it to your credit card. I have programmed all the card numbers into my phone so I don't have to push so many numbers to make a long distance phone call. Since you can add minutes the numbers don't have to be re-programmed into my phone. I use it for all my long distance calls, from home and away. It sure is cheaper than anything the phone company offered me!

I was in Sams the other day. They had a special promo going with the phone cards....500 minutes for $15.99.

Over a few months ago I bought the 500 minutes for 20 dollars. How long
ago was it. Cause i need two more cards. I will go today if I can.

Can you use the pre paid cards in your resort room at WDW w/o a charge to your room? Or do you have to go and make the calls from a pay phone?
Thanks,
Gerri

I did not use my prepaid sams club card in our disney room because I expected a charge. I don't know for sure if they would have charged me a fee, but they charge for every other little thing so I wasn't taking any chances.

However, at the Marriott RI, I did use my card from the room twice and there was no fee on my bill So who knows. You have to check with the hotel office to be sure.

With the new ATT Sams cards, as the rate in the store goes down, the rate they charge for "refills" goes down as well. I just recharged an ATT/Sams card for under 4 cents per minute, when I bought the card they were originally either 6 or 8 cents per minute.

With the previous Sams card (under Worldcom) they did not reduce the rates, which is probably why they got cut off by Sams.

And dropped the LD off of our phone service. It used to make me hopping mad to think that we got charged LD service fees and all kinds of extras for the months we didn't even make LD calls!! No more of that!!

Those cards are wonderful. I give them as Christmas gifts often. It's amazing the number of people that don't know about them!

Annemarie

fostrmom2mny, in answer to you question about WDW resorts charging for using the phone cards, I believe they charge .75 per call for 1-800 numbers. If you make more than 1 call on the Sams calling card, you just push the # (pound key) and make your next call, without being charged another .75 (and without hitting all of those numbers!). (DVC members are not charged for these 1-800 calls)

Also. when you 'recharge' your card by calling and adding minutes, you save the sales tax that the store charges. Also, on their website, they have free shipping and no sales tax.

Can you tell I really like these things ? :D :D :D :D

I just moved from Mich to AZ so I'm definitely getting my moneys worth out of this phone card. I just recently added 1,000 minutes for $34.70 I think it was. I had a bunch of cards laying around until I realized that you can combine all the minutes from each all onto one. And, I just recharge over the phone. So, I use my cell phone minutes, my phone card and only keep local service on my home phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter