Buying 5 day 2 park pass question

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
I tried calling Disney, was on hold forever, so in the meantime will ask you.
We want to buy a 5 day 2 park pass for our granddaughter for graduation.
What will Disney send us that we can include with her gift. I know it won't be the plastic card until she is actually there. What will we have in the meantime?

You will receive an email that you can print out, then she scan the barcode on it into the app on her phone. Given the uncertainty of what procedures will look like once they open, I think I would just give her the amount of the ticket on a gift card.

Both good ideas! Thank you, Cal-Pie and StarWarsNerd24. :thumbsup2
of all my family, I feel most bad for her. Missing graduation, parties, proms etc. She deserves something special!
Oh, can I buy a Disney gift card for the amount of the 5day ticket? I'm wondering if there's an expiration date?

I know it won't be the plastic card until she is actually there.

I wanted to add that the tickets at DLR are not plastic. The ones you get at the gate are paper tickets that are printed out right at the gate. Just don't want any disappointment learning that later!

Oh, can I buy a Disney gift card for the amount of the 5day ticket? I'm wondering if there's an expiration date?

Gift cards (in general) do not expire in the state of California. There are exceptions for things like promotional gift cards, but if you paid at $50 for a $50 gift card then it will always have a value of $50. The only thing you might run into is the price of a 5 day PH might increase in price before she can use it to purchase a ticket. But it would still be good for the value paid indefinitely.

If you purchase the ticket now, it will retain it's value for entry until it expires (which, as others mentioned, things are a little uncertain right now). Then it will retain its paid for value and can be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket (and paying any increase in cost).

Just adding that I've been able to buy variable gift cards for any amount between $15-$1000 at my local grocery store.

Also (and I know you want the five-day park hoppers), they sell actually Disney tickets in gift-card form at many grocery and department stores that sell gift cards (and Disney stores, too, if they ever reopen). They're only available in two- and three-day versions (at least, that I've seen), so you'd have to add an additional gift card to add the extra days, but at least it would be in a card format.

Also (and I know you want the five-day park hoppers), they sell actually Disney tickets in gift-card form at many grocery and department stores that sell gift cards (and Disney stores, too, if they ever reopen). They're only available in two- and three-day versions (at least, that I've seen), so you'd have to add an additional gift card to add the extra days, but at least it would be in a card format.
I believe Target sells the 5-day parkhopper in stores. That's where I've purchased them in the past.

Lots of good information here. Thanks guys!
I'm in Washington state and need to find out if I can get a 5 day parkhopper here. For some reason, I don't think so unless they now sell them after last I looked.
I do want to get the parkhopper. They will retain their value until the expiration date, right? Even if the price goes up?

I got through to a castmember who was very helpful. I will purchase the 5 day hopper online and print out the eTicket (a sheet of paper. At this point it will be good until Jan 2022 which should be fine. It will hold its value up to that date.
If I were to purchase gift cards, if the ticket price goes up before then (gosh I hope not but who knows) we would have to pay the difference. They do issue "plastic" cards but not at this time while the parks are closed and i don't want to wait until they open. I want something she can see and get excited about when we give her this gift.

I am explaining all this for anyone else who has questions about purchasing the parkhoppers right now.

And thanks everyone, for your help. Always productive to come here with questions.

Last edited:
... I do want to get the parkhopper. They will retain their value until the expiration date, right? Even if the price goes up?
Yes, they will retain their value through the expiration date and even beyond that. If for some reason the ticket cannot be used before the expiration date, it will still retain the full monetary value (whatever is in the barcode). That value can be applied to a new ticket at a future date -- your granddaughter would take the expired ticket to the ticket booth, buy a new ticket and apply the old ticket toward the upgrade, and only pay the difference (if any).

I wish I could find a store that sells the plastic cards! I live outside Seattle and don't think i'll find that around here. :(

If you want to have an actual "gift" to give, I've often done something small like a set of Mickey ears or an autograph book, T-shirt, etc. for my kiddos so there is something to open. You could do that along with the email and then she'd have her first souvenir as well! But the ticket is already an incredibly generous gift, so just throwing that out as an idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter