Buying a bottle at a table service restaurant

Nox

Mouseketeer
Has anyone purchased a bottle of wine at one of the upscale restaurants at WDW (Orlando)? What was the policy about taking it with you?

I know Florida has "recorking" laws that allow restaurants to recork wine for guests to take with them. Just wondered if anyone has any experience at Disney specifically.

We have a reservation at Victoria & Albert's for our anniversary, and I would love to buy a bottle of wine to celebrate (yes, I know it is marked up significantly,) but I also don't want to feel like we have to finish it off before we leave or waste it. Will they recork it for us?

We have, sister in law and I drink it...and finish it. It is only like 4 glasses in a bottle. So we never have left over. Not sure the rule but I believe I have seen folks carry an unfinished bottle out.

Hello - we did that at Jiko 2 years ago - didn’t finish the bottle so they recorked it and we enjoyed it in the hotel room for a few more days that week. Pretty sure they didn’t charge any corking fee...

I have no idea about recorking and taking the bottle with you, but if you don't think you'll finish a bottle of wine, wouldn't it be easier to just order by the glass?

Has anyone purchased a bottle of wine at one of the upscale restaurants at WDW (Orlando)? What was the policy about taking it with you?

I know Florida has "recorking" laws that allow restaurants to recork wine for guests to take with them. Just wondered if anyone has any experience at Disney specifically
My DD and SIL did this at Wine Bar George in October. They put it in a tamper proof bag and gave them two plastic stem-less wine glasses to take with them. I was impressed with how they packaged it. We finished it by the pool later that night.

if you don't think you'll finish a bottle of wine, wouldn't it be easier to just order by the glass?
It's generally cheaper to buy a bottle vs. buy by the glass. Wine Bar George allows you to purchase by the ounce, glass or bottle. You may not know how much you'll want to drink at dinner before you order and it's nice to bring some home for later, especially if it's a hard to find wine.

I believe if you do it in the parks, they cork it and send it to the package pick up in the park for you to collect on your way out.

My DD and SIL did this at Wine Bar George in October. They put it in a tamper proof bag and gave them two plastic stem-less wine glasses to take with them. I was impressed with how they packaged it. We finished it by the pool later that night.

It's generally cheaper to buy a bottle vs. buy by the glass. Wine Bar George allows you to purchase by the ounce, glass or bottle. You may not know how much you'll want to drink at dinner before you order and it's nice to bring some home for later, especially if it's a hard to find wine.
True, but if you’re not going to drink the entire bottle (at least at that sitting), it’s usually cheaper to order just a glass (source: me, only ever buying 1 glass of wine at a restaurant because it’s cheaper! Lol!) I guess my DH and I just save our serious wine drinking for at home and only buy a glass at restaurants to get through the meal! But if you’re going to V&A’s you’re probably not cheapskates like us, so feel free to disregard my advice! 😆

Most better wines are available only by the bottle. Some restaurants have sommelier selections by the glass, but in most the choice of wines by the glass can be very limited.

I have no idea about recorking and taking the bottle with you, but if you don't think you'll finish a bottle of wine, wouldn't it be easier to just order by the glass?

From a glance at their online wine list, what we're interested in is not offered by the glass - they have a pretty limited by-the-glass selection.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'll also ask them when it comes closer to time if they will recork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!