Buying DVC Points

THSRock82

Earning My Ears
Is there one place that is better than the other to buy resale points from? There seem to be many places where you can but points.

I am new to this forum and have one other question, How do you update your profile picture?

Welcome to DISboards !!!

There are several reputable resale companies. I've purchased twice from The Timeshare Store (a site sponsor) and didn't have any issues either time.

I think you need to have 10 posts to change your profile picture. Click on your user name & then Avatar.

Have a contract currently being purchased through the Timeshare Store. They have been very helpful in keeping me in the loop, I would recommend them as well.

I completed a purchase in January from DVC Sales (dvcsales.com). They did a great job keeping me informed during the process and I highly recommend them!

There are several good resale 'stores', look at all of them and the best will be the one with the contract you want. Fees and service may differ slightly, but getting the contract you want is most important. Good luck, and good searching.

Did Fidelity and DVC resale market. Happy with both. I found fidelity has more competitive pricing and less negotiating is required.
Be sure to add Fidelity’s $200 or so administrative fee to your per point price as it adds a dollar or two per point depending on how many points you buy. I used Fidelity for my first contract and Timeshare store for my second. Timeshare store was better at keeping me updated as I went through the process, but some of that may depend in part on which agent you work with.

I completed a purchase in January from DVC Sales (dvcsales.com). They did a great job keeping me informed during the process and I highly recommend them!
Oh that's good to know! I was eyeing some contracts there but nobody really talks about this company so I didn't put an offer there. Their closing cost seems to be a bit higher though, is that accurate?

Oh that's good to know! I was eyeing some contracts there but nobody really talks about this company so I didn't put an offer there. Their closing cost seems to be a bit higher though, is that accurate?
That might be possible. I don't know what the closing costs are at all the various companies. But, they had the contract with the number of points and use year I wanted so I went ahead and put in an offer. The folks there are former DVC employees and they are very knowledgeable.

We bought from them in December - it was super easy. 35 days from offer to deed recorded including Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!