Buying tickets online or at a Disney Store?

ryankski

Mouseketeer
We are landing in Tokyo on October 13th and spending 3 nights in Shinjuku before heading on to Sydney . and then back to Tokyo on October 23rd for Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea (Oct 24th and 25th). We are staying at a partner hotel (Oriental Hotel Tokyo Bay) which I don't think sells tickets.

So my question is when do you guys on here recommend buying tickets? Currently I can't buy tickets online as it only lets me select days through October 15th, but I'd guess that our dates will be available in a week or two. Is it recommended to buy online ahead of time and then exchange the large printed tickets for normal ones for the minimal fee of the few hundred yen? Otherwise when we are in Tokyo on the for 3 nights starting on the 13th we can buy tickets at the Shinjuku or Shibuya Disney Stores. Also if we do buy them online where do you exchange them for normal tickets? Customer service once in the park or someplace else? Thanks

Personally, I normally buy them online and them exchange them simply for peace of mind (i.e. no concerns about tickets being sold out).

I exchange them at the ticket booth at whichever park I visit first. Typically, upon arrival, you will see HUGE lines. They're the lines of locals who already have tickets. Walk past them to the glass booths, exchange your online ticket and then go to the back of the line for entry.

We get them at our hotel, Sheraton, but otherwise we would have gone via the Disney Stores, probably.

We can't buy them online as we don't have a MasterCard. It doesn't except Visa or Amex unfortunately.

I prefer to buy them in store, simply because then I have my paper ticket and I'm ready to go. When I've bought them online in the past, I didn't bother to exchange at the park and just folded up the ticket to use the QR code for Fastpasses. You can also purchase at 7-11 stores, but the menus are a bit complicated if you don't read Japanese. Personally, I'd wait and pick them up at the Disney store while you're hanging around Tokyo. You have plenty of time.

I've heard a few horror stories about how busy TDL is, but it seems that is weekends and holidays. I'm assuming a Tuesday and Wednesday would be fine, but since it will be the week before Halloween should I be concerned that tickets will sell out? Thanks

We will be there at the same time and staying at the Disney ambassador hotel, so we will get the tickets upon arrival.

You will not be far from the Disney Store when you arrive in Tokyo so I would go there. It has different merchandise than the parks and the US stores so worth a visit as well. ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts