BWI vs WL

megs1313

DIS Veteran
I'm very torn....WL has the boats and proximity to MK. BWI has the IG and proximity to EPCOT and the boardwalk.

Can anyone give me other factors to consider to sort this out? TIA!

Which park do you think you are going to spend the most time in? If MK, then WL would be the way to go. If Epcot and/or HS then BWI would be the way to go. Other than getting to MK, you are going to bus just about everywhere from WL. You could take the boat to CR then hop on the monorail to TTC then on to Epcot that way. If a BWI you are going to either walk or boat to Epcot and HS, you are going to bus to AK, if you have park hoppers it's possible to walk through Epcot and monorail to MK but frankly, it's just as easy to bus it.

What is your party make up? All adults, adults and kids? My son is grown now and we love the Epcot resorts, it's just so easy to hop over to Epcot just about every night to eat. I would think if you had little ones, WL might be the better bet because of proximity to MK.

If location, location, location doesn't matter, I'd probably just go with which ever one is less. Like I said, we love the Epcot area resorts and MK is just a half day park for us but WL is a beautiful resort.

Our two favorite resorts are BC and WL. They both have things that we like. The WL has the boat to MK, which is really nice. They also have pretty good buses. We find it pretty easy to get to any park from WL. We love the woodsy look of it, too. It is just a really gorgeous place to stay.

We also like to stay in the Epcot resort area. There are a lot of places to eat and you're not limited to finding a boat or bus to take you somewhere if you don't want to eat at your resort.

Either resort is fine. You just have to decide which one you would like the most. :)

My vote is for BWI. You can walk to two parks. That is huge not having to rely on any sort of Disney transportation. WL you only have the boat and everything else is by bus.

I'm very torn....WL has the boats and proximity to MK. BWI has the IG and proximity to EPCOT and the boardwalk.

Can anyone give me other factors to consider to sort this out? TIA!
I like them both. That said, I would choose Boardwalk Inn in a heartbeat, because:
  • It is within walking distance of two parks, Fantasia mini-golf and several good restaurants & ice cream shops.
  • There are sometimes magicians & other activities on the Boardwalk at night.
  • It has a better feature pool with a roller coaster-themed slide (unless you're scared of clowns).
  • It has the prettiest resort rooms I've ever seen at WDW.
  • Most of its standard-view rooms have lovely garden views.
The only way I would choose Wilderness Lodge instead would be if I were only visiting Magic Kingdom during the trip.

Went through similar debate earlier this year with my wife (though we were deciding between Wilderness and the Beach Club). We opted for Beach Club. A big contributing factor for us, though, was the time of year when we were going (during Food & Wine). Proximity to TWO parks were a pretty big deal as well though.

In looking at your signature, is your family of 5 going? If so, I don't think you can book a standard WL room. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that one, but I think standard WL rooms only fit 4 people. You may have to book a deluxe room, but I'm sure someone will post more definite info on that.

Standard BWI rooms are larger and do accommodate families of 5.

Regardless, my vote would still go for BWI unless you were planning mostly MK days....

In looking at your signature, is your family of 5 going? If so, I don't think you can book a standard WL room. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that one, but I think standard WL rooms only fit 4 people. You may have to book a deluxe room, but I'm sure someone will post more definite info on that.

This is correct. If you have 5 people (with no child under 3), you would need to book a deluxe CL room (accommodates 6) or 2 rooms as WL standard rooms only accommodate 4 (will accommodate 4+1, if the 1 is under age 3).

Reactions: TJA
BWI has bigger rooms and is within walking distance to two parks and tons of other restaurants. BWI is deluxe. WL is deluxe-lite.

No, I completely disagree with this assessment. We can afford to stay wherever we want and come back to WL on a regular basis because it's one of the best resorts on property. Is it cheaper, but it isn't "deluxe-lite" in terms of amenities, beauty, comfort, service, etc....especially not with the new offerings being brought in due to Copper Creek.

I've stayed at both and I liked WL much better (and that's even after a free upgrade to a cottage suite at BWI). In fact, I think WL is my favorite resort I've stayed in so far. The theme is just so well-executed there.

of the two, we prefer BWI by far over WL. that said, if we were going to spend the majority of our time at MK, then we'd go with WL of those

\

we always travel with my mom as well, so we'll need two rooms wherever we go. :)

What I usually think about when choosing our resort is if we want to be near MK or else Epcot and HS.

Another thing I think about is park transportation. We tend to prefer walking paths or else monorail.

I also consider room comfort and space. We are only a family of 4 but with 2 teen girls so room size matters to us.

My kids love a good pool slide too!

Finally, I consider the views from the resort. We like to be able to watch some sort of firework show from the resort area. I believe both WL and BWI would fit the bill in that regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter