• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV BW view at 7 months?

princessjilly

Mouseketeer
Hello.

I have rented points and currently have 5 nights booked at BCV on 7th July next year. I would prefer to stay at BWV though and I'm hoping to switch over at 7 months. Hopefully with BW view, in a studio. What do you think of my chances?

As an aside, if I have a special occasion listed on my reservation (it's our honeymoon :love: ) where would that show when I log in to MDE? can't see it on there, not sure if the renter forgot to say or if it doesn't show up on there.

I don't know about a studio, but we got a 1BR BW view at 5 or 6 months out for our August 2012 trip. Good luck!

Hello.

I have rented points and currently have 5 nights booked at BCV on 7th July next year. I would prefer to stay at BWV though and I'm hoping to switch over at 7 months. Hopefully with BW view, in a studio. What do you think of my chances?

As an aside, if I have a special occasion listed on my reservation (it's our honeymoon :love: ) where would that show when I log in to MDE? can't see it on there, not sure if the renter forgot to say or if it doesn't show up on there.

For July 4th period? Not likely.

One bedroom villas are easier to get than studios. And late August is easier than a holiday period.

You will need to contact the DVC member at 7 months to see if you are lucky and BW view is available or to ask the DVC member to waitlist for you. Hopefully that member will be willing to help you out. BW view studios are harder to get than 1 bedrooms and 5 nights on a waitlist would be hard because all 5 need to be available for the waitlist to clear. The fact that it is your honeymoon really won't help with the waitlist. Good luck and congrats!

Does the owner know you plan to ask them for a wait list? Change resorts? Why didn't you rent from someone who had BWV points? Then you would've already had a reservation for the resort that you wanted. I'd contact the owner now to see what they say. You yourself cannot call or change a reservation...only the owner can do until the day you check in...

I don't know about a studio, but we got a 1BR BW view at 5 or 6 months out for our August 2012 trip. Good luck!
Thanks, we'll just need to hope for the best and see what happens I guess!

For July 4th period? Not likely.

One bedroom villas are easier to get than studios. And late August is easier than a holiday period.
I had hoped with Friday being 4th July some families might visit for the weekend, leaving availability from the Monday onwards. Wishful thinking? lol!

Unfortunately I can't do late August as I'm a teacher, plus we get married 5th July in Scotland and want to leave 2 days later.

Thanks for replying :)

You will need to contact the DVC member at 7 months to see if you are lucky and BW view is available or to ask the DVC member to waitlist for you. Hopefully that member will be willing to help you out. BW view studios are harder to get than 1 bedrooms and 5 nights on a waitlist would be hard because all 5 need to be available for the waitlist to clear. The fact that it is your honeymoon really won't help with the waitlist. Good luck and congrats!

Thanks, yes she knows I want to switch and is willing to help :) Tbh I'd be happy with any BWV room, if I could have preferred view I'd take that also, do you think I've a better chance of that? I've read there's 60% PV vs 20% BV.

Does the owner know you plan to ask them for a wait list? Change resorts? Why didn't you rent from someone who had BWV points? Then you would've already had a reservation for the resort that you wanted. I'd contact the owner now to see what they say. You yourself cannot call or change a reservation...only the owner can do until the day you check in...

Answering your questions in order. I haven't asked anyone to wait list. Yes. I don't know anyone with BWV points who I trust enough to pay £700 to. I am already aware of the fact I need the owner to change things.

You haven't actually answered either of the questions I asked :confused:

Tbh I'd be happy with any BWV room, if I could have preferred view I'd take that also, do you think I've a better chance of that? I've read there's 60% PV vs 20% BV.

Yes, you would definitely have a better chance for preferred view. If the DVC member is willing to check for you, then you might as well ask about BW view and then preferred view as a backup. Hope you get one or the other!

Yes, you would definitely have a better chance for preferred view. If the DVC member is willing to check for you, then you might as well ask about BW view and then preferred view as a backup. Hope you get one or the other!

Yeah she already knows I want to change and is willing to check/change reservation :) it was the first thing I asked before renting with her. i booked BCV as the ultimate back up, hoping to change to BWV bv/pv and she knew that from the start. Thanks for your comments, really hope we manage to get a BWV room
:)

I'd take a guess that it's fairly good odds to get a pool/garden view room. Boardwalk view - not so likely but you never know until you try.

Regarding the note of the Honeymoon I find that a lot of things don't show up on the website. I need to add a Honeymoon note to a reservation for my nephew and if I do it soon I'll try and come back and let you know if I can see it on MDE.

If you can get the owner to attempt the switch exactly 7 months out in the morning, you could have a chance for a boardwalk view studio. That time for a boardwalk view studio was open at exactly 7 months out this year but it disappeared fairly quickly after the 7 month window opened.

If you can get the owner to attempt the switch exactly 7 months out in the morning, you could have a chance for a boardwalk view studio. That time for a boardwalk view studio was open at exactly 7 months out this year but it disappeared fairly quickly after the 7 month window opened.

I agree -

Princessjilly - you definitely have a shot at a Boardwalk view if the owner can be online at 8 am Eastern to make the switch. Whatever BW view rooms are left, will go very quickly after that, though.

IMO, you have an excellent chance of getting a Pool & Garden villa for that time at 7 months. Summer month reservations have always been easier to get at 7 months than most other months. IMO, only mid-January to mid-February, May & September are easier. If you don't get your BW view, I'm sure you will get the P&G view. You could ask the owner to waitlist BW view for you if need be.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage - hope your quest to get a BW view is successful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter