BWV / cruise / BWV

nerb

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at BWV both before and after our cruise. First cruise! So excited! I always assumed that BW could store our extra luggage and purple box while we are cruising.... But figured I'd ask if anyone here could confirm. Thanks everyone!

Yes, no problem with luggage and OL being stored while you are away, as long as you are staying at a Disney resort both before and after your cruise. They will even transfer luggage for you, if you are staying at a different resort after your cruise.

Why don't you try staying at a different resort on the return trip just to mix it up a bit.

Why don't you try staying at a different resort on the return trip just to mix it up a bit.

I hate the idea of split stays, and have no interest in doing one, but if you have a ship in the middle, this actually makes a LOT of sense. For the OP, it might be worth trying this!

Thanks Wilma-bride for confirming what I thought!
We would have tried a different resort for one of our stays but it was simply a matter of how many points we had to work with plus we probably won't be doing parks. so we felt BWV had better things to offer without going into a park.

Thanks Wilma-bride for confirming what I thought!
We would have tried a different resort for one of our stays but it was simply a matter of how many points we had to work with plus we probably won't be doing parks. so we felt BWV had better things to offer without going into a park.

I love BWV, it is fast becoming one of my favourite DVC resorts. Hope you have a fabulous stay and a great cruise :thumbsup2

We will be doing our 1st cruise followed by a stay at BWV in Oct. Cant wait!!

Yes, no problem with luggage and OL being stored while you are away, as long as you are staying at a Disney resort both before and after your cruise. They will even transfer luggage for you, if you are staying at a different resort after your cruise.

:thumbsup2 :cool1: I was wondering the same thing. Right now we're booked on a Dream 4-night for next summer and we thought we'd try to get VGF for 4 nights before the cruise then split with a 2nd resort for 4 nights post-cruise!! But I was actually wondering if we could bring our Owners Locker with us on the cruise?! I suppose that might be tricky. Maybe we could find some way to bring an extra bag to put some of our OL stuff in for the cruise. I hate the idea of packing everything separately for the cruise (kinda defeats the idea of having the OL). How do you go about arranging for this transfer? Do you do it ahead of time or just talk to Bell Services at the first resort when you check out?

:thumbsup2 :cool1: I was wondering the same thing. Right now we're booked on a Dream 4-night for next summer and we thought we'd try to get VGF for 4 nights before the cruise then split with a 2nd resort for 4 nights post-cruise!! But I was actually wondering if we could bring our Owners Locker with us on the cruise?! I suppose that might be tricky. Maybe we could find some way to bring an extra bag to put some of our OL stuff in for the cruise. I hate the idea of packing everything separately for the cruise (kinda defeats the idea of having the OL). How do you go about arranging for this transfer? Do you do it ahead of time or just talk to Bell Services at the first resort when you check out?

When you check out, call Bell services and have them collect the stuff you want to leave behind. Tell them you are checking into another resort (or coming back to the current resort) on 'x' date and they will arrange the transfer or hold the luggage until your return. I don't know whether, if you are going to a different resort, they transfer it straight away and the new resort holds it or whether they hold it and hten transfer it the day you are chcking back in :confused3

When you check out, call Bell services and have them collect the stuff you want to leave behind. Tell them you are checking into another resort (or coming back to the current resort) on 'x' date and they will arrange the transfer or hold the luggage until your return. I don't know whether, if you are going to a different resort, they transfer it straight away and the new resort holds it or whether they hold it and hten transfer it the day you are chcking back in :confused3

Thanks - this will be a great plan because it will be a 12 night trip so we'll have lots of stuff but we WON'T want to take everything on a 4-night cruise! I will pack 1 suitcase just for the cruise portion. :thumbsup2

Oh. That's a good question about refrigerated items! I'm interested to see the answer for that to!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter