BWV stand booking brutal

DougEMG

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Man, is trying to get a standard view studio at BWV at 11 months brutal. Don't even have a shoot at it as the 11 month day is already unavailable before the window even opens. Have been trying for over a week with no luck at all. At least I have a lot of flexibility and can go anytime in Oct, Nov or Dec. it has been a few years since I have gone at this time of year, but I don't remember it ever taking me more than one or two tries before I got the room. Definitely summer is way easier, which is when I have been going the last few years.

Look at Sept. Folks are walking and some nights in Sept may have opened as folks walked past. I was walking but cancelled because DH is adamant he does NOT want to go.

Since you have flexibility on when to go, you can probably pick up days as walkers release them. I’m also trying to book BWV Std and have found it more frustrating this year versus last year!

I've written off getting a studio anymore. We will be aiming to book our vacations to coincide with Member Magic and almost all of those dates are typically announced too late to have a snowball's chance in summer of getting a studio at our preferred DVC resorts.

To OP I would keep checking, as other said people are probably walking and the days you want may still open. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. ;)

Sending you some pixie dust for good luck. pixiedust:

I really wish BW had dedicated studios. It might make my quest for a standard 2-BR a little bit easier!
They do - In total, BWV Has 97 Dedicated Studios, 130 Dedicated 1Bdrm & 149 lock-off 2 bedroom units. The standard view villas are about 20% of that total.

The SV studios are just that popular and has lots of owners vying for them. Good luck with your quest!

Man, is trying to get a standard view studio at BWV at 11 months brutal. Don't even have a shoot at it as the 11 month day is already unavailable before the window even opens. Have been trying for over a week with no luck at all. At least I have a lot of flexibility and can go anytime in Oct, Nov or Dec. it has been a few years since I have gone at this time of year, but I don't remember it ever taking me more than one or two tries before I got the room. Definitely summer is way easier, which is when I have been going the last few years.

Maybe it's time you moved up to a SV 1 bedroom. ;) ;) ;) :teeth: :teeth: So far, I haven't had any trouble booking one of those at 11 months.

They do - In total, BWV Has 97 Dedicated Studios, 130 Dedicated 1Bdrm & 149 lock-off 2 bedroom units. The standard view villas are about 20% of that total.

The SV studios are just that popular and has lots of owners vying for them. Good luck with your quest!

Ahh sorry early morning mis-type :-) I meant to say that I wish they had dedicated 2-BR!

If this is a product of walking vs. just cheap rooms in high demand, a waitlist should get you something as people let go of the rooms.

Personally, I think it’s a product of both and just such a good deal!

I started checking at the start of SEPT. No standard studio or standard 2 bed open. I started to walk my 2 bed BWV then so I would not have to take Pool/garden. All the boardwalk views are now gone except 1 bed.

I started checking at the start of SEPT. No standard studio or standard 2 bed open. I started to walk my 2 bed BWV then so I would not have to take Pool/garden. All the boardwalk views are now gone except 1 bed.

Well, what I can say is that things are a lot different now because of the walking for SV. I would venture to guess that anyone who went on a waitlist for a Sept 2020 booking for SV, might already have that room!

Last edited:
I think a whole lot of the current BWV walkers are aiming for Columbus week/weekend. That is a common school break for a lot of schools as well as a popular time for Food & Wine visits.

I think a whole lot of the current BWV walkers are aiming for Columbus week/weekend. That is a common school break for a lot of schools as well as a popular time for Food & Wine visits.

Is there anyway to track walkers? My thought is it would be interesting to see the start to end of walking.

Is there anyway to track walkers? My thought is it would be interesting to see the start to end of walking.
No way of knowing. We really can only guess that there may be 1 room being walked when we see inventory show back up on following days though even that isn't a guarantee of walking (someone could simply have shortened or dropped a stay). While there likely is more than 1 room being walked at a given time we don't have a way of knowing for certain.

I wanted to book a bwv standard studio for Sept 2-6, 2020. Every morning, no availability at 8:00 am. I was able to pick up each day as they were released by walkers the next day. I got the reservation, but it was much more work than I anticipated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!