Bye bye bag check?

imbelle

Mouseketeer
Anyone see Disney going to airport style screening of bags? The current system of every bag being touched one after another doesn't seem very safe. If even one person carrying the corona virus but not yet running a temperature comes through, isn't it possible for it to be passed from the gloves of the bag check person to other bags? The airport style system seems to work well at Universal, seems like a good time for Disney to implement it.

Anyone see Disney going to airport style screening of bags? The current system of every bag being touched one after another doesn't seem very safe. If even one person carrying the corona virus but not yet running a temperature comes through, isn't it possible for it to be passed from the gloves of the bag check person to other bags? The airport style system seems to work well at Universal, seems like a good time for Disney to implement it.
I do wonder to what extent scanners catch some of the other prohibited items. Quite often the guards checked even very small zippered pockets of my bags. These areas were obviously too small for weapons, so I always assumed they were also looking for things like drugs, alcohol, selfie sticks, glass containers etc. I wonder how much of that stuff will get by a scanner 🤷‍♀️

Possibly..it might depend on whether Disney prioritizes guest health over snagging the occasional naughty selfie stick. :scratchin

I’ve been saying for a while that they really need to get smarter about security screening, and the hygiene issues with the virus should encourage this. Security guards sticking their hands in all of your kids’ backpacks and opening up their sunglasses cases to peer inside has slways been an inconvenience but there is now a new level of concern with that kind of thing. And I agree that airport-style scanners are the way to go, along with a TSA-Pre style system for low-risk guests.

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I don’t want security touching my property after touching someone else’s. I am required to wear a mask but Disney is not required to care about my safety? This is just as important as the other rules we are required to follow. Disney needs to wake up and take care of this issue to make its guests feel safe.

I wanted to touch base with this thread, Disney has said in the FAQ on the HUB (internal CM site) the following on bag check
Will you be adjusting your security screening procedures when the parks reopen?

Yes, we will be making some adjustments to minimize the amount of contact our Cast will have with Guests’ personal items. We look forward to sharing more information soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!