Cab Service in Port Canaveral?

Chattyaholic

~For years I wanted to be older, and now I am~ Mar
My parents, DH and myself have a cruise booked in January. We are planning on staying at the Radisson (DH and I did this for our last cruise) and had planned on getting a rental car from Avis at the airport (Orlando) as we are arriving 3 days early to do some sightseeing and to visit family. We had planned on returning the rental car Sunday morning, then taking the shuttle to the ship. I have just learned that Avis is moving a mile and a half away as of August 1st. So, now I'm wondering about returning the rental car Saturday afternoon and just having dinner at either the hotel restaurant or the one close by and calling a cab to pick us up at the hotel. Is there a good, reliable cab service in Port Canaveral and if so what would it cost to transport 4 adults plus luggage to the ship?

You don't want to rely on cab service around there. Cabs are few and far between. Hold onto the car until Sunday morning. Drive your family and your luggage to the port in the morning and drop the family and your luggage at curbside. Then drive the car to Avis and ride back, one person and unencumbered with luggage, in their shuttle.

Thanks, Dave. I did think of that, but I would worry about an accident. Then my parents and myself would be at the port, and DH wouldn't be! I know, I'm a worry wort! I guess we could stay in touch with our cell phones after he dropped us off. I just don't know...it would have been so convenient to leave the car right there at the Radisson. WHY did Avis decide to MOVE??!!! Don't they realize a lot of people rent their cars for the convenience of leaving it right there at the Radisson? Now, there's no real incentive to rent from Avis, might as well go with Budget or Hertz since you have to return the car away from the hotel.

I agree. I redid my car rental rankings based on Avis' new location. They dropped from a #2 overall ranking to a #3 overall ranking in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter