Cabana Bay Good or Bad?

We stayed in a standard room for 2 nights on our first stay and the standard rooms are TIGHT, even for just two adults. It was okay since it was such a short stay, but now I always go with a suite. The upcharge usually isn't much and the kitchen alone is worth it. We stop at the grocery store on the way from the airport and pick up breakfast foods so that just about saves us the difference in room prices.

I think this really depends on your family and what you're used to. We stayed as two adults a few years ago and found it to be plenty of room. I would compare the standard rooms to a Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn in size. Personally I can't imagine not being comfortable as two adults with two beds or as parents and one child in one of those, but each family/person is different and if you need more a villa/suite feel to be comfortable than go for it. But it's not like it's a Euro or New York style single bed room in the standard room either.

I have not stayed at Cbay but have visited it

It is wonderful !

For a party of 3 you will do fine there

It has its own unique style !

Peeps that stay there love it
and many are repeat guests so that has to let you know it is a very well loved resort

We stayed there in April and loved it. We were upgraded to a suite and it was really nice :) We were there during easter break and NEVER waited for a bus to the parks. As soon as one left another was right behind it. My son who is six loved the Lazy River. We just wished we had more time to spend there as we did not get to bowl or do any of the fire pit activities or movies. We did buy express pass for the park and after using it realized I could not tour the park without it....(just my opinion, I know it is not necessary but was such a nice perk. That is the only reason that when we go next year we are looking to stay at one of the resorts where it is included. You will love it there. I was very impressed!

Last edited:
I've stayed at Cabana Bay about 5 times now most recently at the end of September and I have never found anything to be dirty or stained. This is one of my favorite hotels especially in regards to theme. My only gripe with staying there (Also stayed at RPR & SF) is having to take the bus and then pass through security with all guests. The water taxi from the other resorts saves a bunch of time and a lot of walking.

We never do express unless its included with the resort... Single rider is good enough for us but everybody is different.

I love Cabana Bay. Is it the nicest resort in the world? No. But it's got bundles of charm and they do a darned fine job of being a clean and efficient value resort in a theme park setting. And no ... filthy is by no means a word I associate with CBBR. The opposite in fact. I've been there multiple times and it's always been spotless.

Now ... will your mileage vary? Sure. It's a hotel and stuff happens, mostly thanks to other humans. But if you find the the theming appealing, take a shot. It's great.

Caveat ... I've only stayed at Sapphire Falls once and I really like that resort too. It's just a completely different type of resort. If you find one more appealing than the other, knock yourself out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts