Cabana question at HR and Mardi Gras Question:

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
If I reserved a cabana at the Hard Rock , which one do you recommend ? What about these "dive in movies" what is that?

How much do the cabanas cost? If you have club level how much of a discount is the cabana?

Mardi Gras Question: ASH Wednesday (beginning of lent) is in late Feb. (the 24 or something like that) DOES THE Mardie GRAS celebrations at Universal begin BEFORE Ash Wed Or does it start after Ash Wed. at Universal??

When can I expect Mardi Gras at Universal??? Universal doesn't have the dates yet.

Your cabana selection will depend upon what you are looking for in a cabana. I had cabana #5 because #'s 5 & 6 provided the most shade. #'s 9 & 10 are closest to the Kiddie pool, while #'s 3 & 4 are closest to the hotel entrance and the beach club. Some of the cabanas are blocked when the dive in movie is set up.

The dive in movies were on Friday and Saturday nights when we were there in August. They set up a screen in the pool area and show a movie. Since there are speakers everywhere you do not have a problem hearing the movie--even if you are under water. The movie is always PG-13 or lower.

Which cabana number would a group of middleaged ladies out for a "girls trip" like? # 3 and 4 ? and if there is a movie, would 3 or 4 be blocked? Is one near a hot tub?

Puffy2

Cabanas 5,6,7 & 8 are near the hot tub. I think 7 & 8 are blocked on the evenings of the dive in movies. If you do not plan to rent the cabana on a movie day, you will not be affected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter