Cabanas and Casabellas at Aulani

JulieWent

DIS Veteran
We are currently planning our first trip to Hawaii (and Aulani, of course). We will be there in March and are planning to have some low key island fun. We are currently planning to do a whale watching cruise, a luau, and an island drive. We will also be spending a lot of time around the resort just enjoying Hawaii. I have been looking at the cabanas and casabellas advertised and thinking about renting one for a day (or a half day). All the pictures I've seen make it look as if these are all pool view. Are there any cabanas or casabellas that are on the beach or that have a nice beach view. (Pool views are nice, but I'm not going to Hawaii for the pool. LOL) I've read a lot of past threads about these, and it seems like people think they're very nice. What do you guys think?

They do not offer half day rentals.
The Cabanas are by the pool. The ones on the Ka Maka Landing may have some beach view, but mostly pool view. Plus, you are not guaranteed to get one there. Cabanas are $325/day.
There are casabellas on the beach for $45/day. You have to reserve them the same day.
The upper (2 casabellas - $90/day) and lower (3 casabellas - $135/day) Ama Ama deck face the lagoon. We love renting these...very private and away from the hustle and bustle (at least in our experience). You can book these in advance.
Another great option is the Executive Lanai. It is a deck that faces the lagoon with 2 casabellas, 2 loungers, 2 chairs, 2 tables and 2 umbrellas. You get all the amenities of the Cabana except the fan, TV and fridge. You can book this in advance for $275/day.
All of these offer a 10% DVC discount.

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know. Now, I need to decide whether we want to book the Ama Ama casabellas or wait and get one on the beach.

We had one on the beach, it was beautiful. The crew was very nice, they moved it to a perfect spot for us to have a clear view of the ocean.
You can't go wrong on the patio or on the beach, its just an amazing view all around.

Have fun!

Not to hijack, but a couple questions on the casabellas on the upper & lower Ama Ama deck. Do these typically book up way in advance or could I book one on Monday for Friday while I'm there, as an example? We will be there late September. Also, do these casabellas get sun on those decks? We are sun worshippers so would have the canopy back, but just curious how shady the area is throughout the day, if at all. Thanks!

We had a cabana this trip, and loved it. We received it after an Aulani manager stepped in to help us after a series of missteps when we checked in. She kept offering, and asking what she could do, and my husband finally admitted we would love to have 4 chairs saved for us on 12/26, as we had an excursion planned and would be returning to the resort at 12:30. The resort is sold out and there is NO way we could have found chairs. Mel came through with a cabana. We are all adults (kids are 18 and 20) and I thought we would hate the location by the adult pool, but it turned out we absolutely loved it! Honestly, it was great to be away from the hustle and bustle of little kids for a while, and my sons LOVED having access to a television for the college football games. Amenities are nice, but I don't know that I'd pay the high price for them. Will say, for older kids, the executive lanai locations are perfect!

Not to hijack, but a couple questions on the casabellas on the upper & lower Ama Ama deck. Do these typically book up way in advance or could I book one on Monday for Friday while I'm there, as an example.

would love to know the answer to the above, too.

secondly, how about the casabellas on the beach? will i need to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve one?

would love to know the answer to the above, too.

secondly, how about the casabellas on the beach? will i need to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve one?

Yes, I have the same question. Also, what is the difference between the free chairs and umbrellas and the beach casabellas? Also, does anyone have photos of the beach showing the different seating options?? Thanks in advance!

Yes, I have the same question. Also, what is the difference between the free chairs and umbrellas and the beach casabellas? Also, does anyone have photos of the beach showing the different seating options?? Thanks in advance!

There are some nice photos of beach casabellas in this blog post, and you can see loungers/umbrellas, too. (Click the photo to see it bigger.)

Not to hijack, but a couple questions on the casabellas on the upper & lower Ama Ama deck. Do these typically book up way in advance or could I book one on Monday for Friday while I'm there, as an example? We will be there late September. Also, do these casabellas get sun on those decks? We are sun worshippers so would have the canopy back, but just curious how shady the area is throughout the day, if at all. Thanks!
If you want an Ama Ama deck, I would not wait until I was there to secure it since they could already be gone. The decks get a little bit of sun...not much...mostly shady. I think you are better off booking it, and then canceling it (you have 24 hours) if you do not want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!