Cabin 6000

txadmin

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me any information about this cabin. My son and I are traveling on the Wonder on June 1. This is a handicapped room and my son's first experience cruising. Will going down the hallway in an electric chair be difficult?

What about the dining rooms? How difficult is it to get to the tables that are not close to the doors?

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We were in cabin 6000 on the Wonder a few years ago. It is the very first room on the port side. The room is nice size; but a bit different than the other rooms. Seemed to be more square than long. Has no tub; only shower. Nice setup.
Don't think you will have problem with wheelchair; but for assembly you need to go down several flights of stairs so please check with your cabin steward on that. Same goes for dinning rooms. Main entrance has steps; but there is another entrance.
Or, if you check in with Guest Services I'm sure they can tell you what you need to know.

Have a WONDERful cruise!
:)

If you follow the hallway on Deck 3 around the side of Lumiere's you will see the other entrance that has no steps. I have often seen wheelchairs on board and things seem to be pretty easy to navigate. Waiting for an elevator will probably be your biggest hurdle....sometimes they can take awhile, sometimes come right away.

Have a great cruise!!

MJ

I'm not sure about stateroom 6000 (I think it's in the front of the ship), but we stayed in 6154, another handicapped room, with my friend who use a large power wheelchair. We were in the aft section & the hallways can be a challenge to navigate due to laundry carts, luggage & vacs. If you're closer to the elevator it won't be too bad. Have fun !!

Originally posted by SQUIGGLE
Don't think you will have problem with wheelchair; but for assembly you need to go down several flights of stairs so please check with your cabin steward on that. Same goes for dinning rooms. Main entrance has steps; but there is another entrance.
Or, if you check in with Guest Services I'm sure they can tell you what you need to know.

Have a WONDERful cruise!
:)

Most of the muster stations are on deck 4, so it would be down two flights, but that's still a lot of trouble for a person in a wheelchair.

I would suggest getting the medical needs form from DCL and letting them know what the requirements are. If they know ahead of time, they can be there to assist you for the safety drill and more importantly, if there is an emergency during the cruise, they can be there to help.

hope that helps

Thanks for the help. I think my son had to get the medical form filled out before we could book the handicapped room. We probably will go to the muster station early and just be there or at least be on that deck so we don't get tied up waiting for the elevator. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter