• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabins etc. aren't assigned in advance?

jtjarvis

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hi all, with lots of help from this board I just booked Jan. 2004 reservations for a cabin, and Hoop-De-Doo. However, looks like they no longer give better show seats for early bookers; nor do they assign your cabin before you show up in person, despite your preferences.

I guess it's nice to know we have reservations, but I'd rather have a specific cabin assigned, especially considering all the studying I did to figure out my preferences. I feel a bit as if my money is down but I have no control! Is this warranted or do I have day-of-reservation jitters? :) Does Disney quell this kind of uneasiness once you get there?

Thanks!
JJ

Disney has never guaranteed a specific cabin, campsite or room in a hotel for that matter.

Just let the Central Reservations Office (CRO) know your preference by asking them to note it on your reservation.

3 - 4 days before arrival the reservations are transferred from CRO to the property, FW in the case of cabins. It is at that point that the room assigner sets up what cabin will get.

You can fax a second request to FW to the attention of the room assigner about 4 days ahead of arrival. Mnay people do this but I never have and have always gotten either my request or close to it.

For some great reading regarding this, check out Faxing Your Room Preferences To Your Disney Hotel by Jack Marshall

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter