• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabins

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any pictures of the cabins? I want something more than what is on Disney's website. Also, I am struggling to decide whether to stay in a cabin or at the Cont. Which would you chose and why? Thanks

I'm sorry I can't help with the pictures(I'm not computer savy)But I can tell you FW cabins are WONDERFUL to say the least.Each cabin sleeps 6 easily.Full kitchen makes it great,even if you just eat breakfast it saves alot of time and most importantly ....money.Once you leave the hectic pace of the parks and get back to FW it is another world.The surroundings are quiet, people are so friendly.It is like a step back in time.This will be our second visit to the cabins in Sept and can't wait to go back.We were there last Sept too.We stayed at a few other of the WDW resorts and have vowed to just stay at FW.If you have kids there is so much to do right at the resort.We are making sure we have 2 full days just to enjoy FW this trip.
The Magic Kingdom is easily accesable by boat or direct bus.I understand the new bus system has it that each park has a direct bus from FW,even Downtown Disney has this service.
My vote is FW over Cont.
I'm sure someone will come on the DIS and help you with pictures.I know the WDW site does not do justice to FW with the pictures.

Heidi
:earsgirl:

Thanks for your help!We do have kids but they are young (1&2). I was thinking maybe the monorail resort would be better because we could push them on and off then right up to the room if they were asleep in the stroller. But we like the idea of having a kitchen.

I can't remember the exact listing but do a search for jeff spencer's sight. It is awesome and full of pics and info about FW.
We stay at FW all the time. Have been since our kids were 6mos, 2yo and 8yo. We always try to rent a golf cart while there to help get around. You can hold the 1yo, your spouse can drive, sit the 2yo between the two of you and put the stroller on back of the cart. All of the cabin loops have pretty easy access to the bus stops or you can drive the cart to the marina, park there, and ride a boat over to MK. Our kids are now 5, 6 and 13 and things just keep getting better. We love FW and rarely even think about staying anywhere else. Hope this was a help to you!;)

Sorry for the delay......I hadn't checked this board for a few days, and your post was waaaayyyyy down, so I didn't see it for a few more days.

Jeff Spencers site is the most complete site on FW around. The URL is

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/photogal.htm

He has photos of cabins, in and outside. Remember, he has photos of the old wilderness homes, but they are all gone now, and weren't as nice.

I'll also add that we fell in love with FW because of our young kids. It was soooo nice for the kids to have a kitchen, and a private bedroom to fall asleep in. A cabin is certainly the way to go with youngins'

Jeff's site is great and I love it but one of the pictures is outdated - there is no longer a second TV in the bedroom. I asked when I was there in November 2001 and was told they were all gone. We didn't miss it any, but to some it seemed to be important! We love FW. Especially with kids - you can put them to bed and spend a little "adult" time in a separate room. And the kitchen is nice.

We spent one night in a cabin during our March 2001 stay, and the 2nd TV was in the bedroom. The kids loved it. Funny how quickly, and with no apperant reason, things can change.

We stayed in the cabins for seven nights in late April/early May and we loved it! The character caravan was never crowded and our son (who just turned three in July) loved the boat ride to MK. We also rented a golf cart for the whole week we were there, which came in very handy. Our son loved riding in the golf cart almost as much as riding real rides in the parks! We never used the bus system so can't comment on that, but if you're going to have a rental car I'd just drive to the other parks for the convenience of coming/going as you please. It was great to be able to come back to "our own" home that was very peaceful and quiet and to be able to have the kitchen and refrigerator at our disposal when we needed/wanted to use it. That being said, I think where you decide to stay would also depend on if you're going to be there a while (that's just my opinion, of course!). We chose the cabins because we got a good rate ($143/tax included per night), plus since we were staying for seven nights we didn't want to have to go out to eat everytime. We're going back this December for the Disney cruise, then splitting our stay between the Contemporary and AKL concierge for a change of pace (three nights at each). Sorry for the long post...e-mail me if you have any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter