California Adventure 49er Themed BBQ?

I've had this exact thought! Either 49er or Santa Maria BBQ theme would both work with California as the inspiration. I wouldn't want to lose the Redwood Trail, but maybe there would be some way to incorporate it along Grizzly Pass on the other side of GRR.

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is my most missed TS experience because there is currently nothing at all similar to it at DLR. All-you-can-eat family picnic style table service and a show! Something similar needs to return to the parks.

I've had this exact thought! Either 49er or Santa Maria BBQ theme would both work with California as the inspiration. I wouldn't want to lose the Redwood Trail, but maybe there would be some way to incorporate it along Grizzly Pass on the other side of GRR.

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is my most missed TS experience because there is currently nothing at all similar to it at DLR. All-you-can-eat family picnic style table service and a show! Something similar needs to return to the parks.

I would also like to see the entertainment stage make a comeback along with a comeback from them Miner 49ers.

Last edited:

That would be great. Thunder Mountain BBQ was my favorite place to eat in the parks, I would literally plan my whole trip around it, and my family would ask every day "is this BBQ day??"

That chicken was so good. Ugh.

BTRBBQ was our go-to Sunday dinner after half marathon weekends. We miss the BBQ and the runs. Would be awesome to bring something like it back. They started doing BBQ at Riverbelle, but it's not the same at all, bleh!

The play area is a necessity to give kids something to do, so they can't really get rid of it. Grizzly pass wouldn't be big enough. There is the stage are of Redwood Creek Challenge trail, so it could work out there with some reworking.

They could redo the Wharf area and make it work there.

But I would rather see a cars themed dine in style theater in Carsland or something unique at the old Hollywood and Vine building, perhaps a Muppets themed table service restaurant with show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter