• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California DVC

Do you think that DVC California will be announced in the next year?

• Defintely!!!

• Maybe......

• Not sure.

• No way!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
I am confident that a California DVC will be announced. I am skeptical that they would move all those agents to California without plans in this direction. How many agree?

I definitely think that will be announced. Why else would they be positioning guides there?

Maybe. I would be more convinced if I saw property records indicating land ownership.

dianeschlicht said:
Why else would they be positioning guides there?
It's amazing that some folks would be bent on thinking there is no DVC in california's future given this relocation. How could anybody think it is not going to happen with the guides moving out there? Baffling.....

I voted "not sure." I can see a pretty clear reason why they would put guides there. California is the biggest market in the US, and they just got approval to sell timeshares there. They'd be nuts NOT to put guides at Disneyland, now that they are allowed to.

What's the difference between "Maybe" and "Not Sure"? :confused3 They both mean "Not a CLue" to me, LOL!

Best wishes -

Good point, CarolMN. :rotfl2: I guess Maybe means it might happen and not sure means I don't have an opinion. This is my first poll. Next time I will do better! Scouts honor!

:flower: Tammy

We were at DL and CA Adventure this summer. We kept seeing DVC sales people everywhere. When we asked about a property in CA, they said to let the membership office know. The more people that let them know the better.

We LOVE WDW but we also really liked California! There is so much to do in the Anaheim/San Diego area that we would go at least once a year to CA and once a year to FL if there were properties with reasonable point values available.

This July we ended up staying at an Embassy Suites near DL because it was not wise to use so many points for the DL hotels.

Have they actually moved agents?? I thought they had just asked them to get licensed. (Which might help with the problem that DVC always has in CA... they can't sell there as soon as the other states when a new resort is announced)

The guide I spoke with outside the DLH in July said the guides were moved there permanently - He also mentioned the idea of thinking offshore for the next DVC addition - Hawaii was the term he used. I agree with those who say until it is officially announced it is just another rumor. He also said they had been purchasing land in S. California but did not specify exactly where. The rep at the kiosk in DTD out there was really pushing the trade value explaining how you could trade to the Del Coronado in San Diego so had the impression he was less certain about how soon there would acutally be a dvc resort out there.

I voted 'maybe', though I want to explain my answer. I am fairly confidentwe will see a DVC at DL. The reason I did not vote definitely is that I have no reason to believe it will happen in the next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter