California fires

Status
Not open for further replies.
The air quality is in the moderate range today, due to particulate matter from the winds, but there isn't any visible smoke nor is there any smoke smell right now. If the winds shift to the southeast, the smoke from the latest fire may creep down this way.

For those traveling to California this time of year(September/ October) always good to carry and extra mask with your - they say N95 or N100 rating. A fire can break out at any time and the wind can blow it right over Disneyland.

I remember the fire I was tracking it with the Cal fire web site, and I often look at the Matter cam to see if it is smoky at Disneyland. A wind driven fire can destroy sections of areas quickly, I do not remember the year but I remember when parts of Oakland burned, and more recently Paradise. My fear is that a fire gets out of control and burns part of Disneyland. My second worry is that it will be smoky when we are down there.

It would take some crazy conditions for a wildfire to actually get to DLR property. The fire codes make burning developed areas like Anaheim much more difficult than burning the more open spaces in the nearby foothills. There's a nice buffer around DLR. Although, these days who knows what could happen any more!

Terrible traffic because of road closures in the hills and awful air quality are the major concerns.

A rare sight. An empty 405 freeway. My coworkers said it got closed if you head towards the mountains, but it was open near my house. You can see smoke in that direction, but can’t smell anything

Attachments

• B49859B2-8524-4E5E-8186-CC551C73FC0F.jpeg
    B49859B2-8524-4E5E-8186-CC551C73FC0F.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 37

A rare sight. An empty 405 freeway. My coworkers said it got closed if you head towards the mountains, but it was open near my house. You can see smoke in that direction, but can’t smell anything

Wow, in the middle of the day. Yeah down there by the airport it's open. It's closed passed Sunset to the valley.

This new fire at the Getty is extremely close to where I live. I had to cancel a meeting because I can't get where I need to go today. Not going to be affecting Disneyland though.

Thinking of you, ashley. Hoping you and yours stay safe and make it through this with no problems

Just here to follow along. we're supposed to be flying into San Fransisco this coming Friday night, and are booked in Disneyland for Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday. Then Wednesday, thursday and Friday we'll be doing some site seeing on our way back up to SFO before we fly home first thing Saturday. I'm more worried about the beginning and end of our trip (in SF and between SF and DL) and hoping the smoke from the fire up there doesn't affect it too much....

You could definately smell the smoke in SF today from the Kincade fire in Sonoma. There's supposed to be extreme winds tomorrow night that would affect the Kincade fire, which is as of this afternoon about 5% contained. Keep monitoring the situation but i think your stay in SF over the weekend should be fine.

Arriving at DL this coming Monday. Should we be concerned about the fires? Postpone?

At the moment the fires are not especially close to DLR. There are a number of posts in this thread describing where the fires actually are and their impact on/distance from the parks. At the moment there may be some effects from the smoke depending on winds but reports thus far are that its been minimal. Unless someone in your park is extremely sensitive to smoke you should be fine (and even if you do you would still probably be ok if you took some precautions to reduce their exposure).

Will be there this weekend and not worried about the fires there, but we are going to stay in Los Feliz for a few days and do some sight seeing out there. Any issues there potentially?

Will be there this weekend and not worried about the fires there, but we are going to stay in Los Feliz for a few days and do some sight seeing out there. Any issues there potentially?
I work in Los Feliz and street traffic around here is bad because the 101 is closed. On my way to work today on the 10 East, one of those signs said “101 closed at Sunset, Traffic jammed”. So just watch for closed roads and freeways

Is there a traffic impact between the airports and DLR? Specifically LGB, but people are probably curious about the others as well.

Is there a traffic impact between the airports and DLR? Specifically LGB, but people are probably curious about the others as well.
No. The fire is by the Getty on the Sepulveda pass. LAX, LGB and Anaheim are all well south of that. Traffic is normal.

FWIW - LAX opened an "UBER/LYFT/Taxi" lot today. That should improve traffic around the loop there, but if you are taking one of those, you have to take a bus to the ULT lot - they will not pick you up from the gate.

I work in Los Feliz and street traffic around here is bad because the 101 is closed. On my way to work today on the 10 East, one of those signs said “101 closed at Sunset, Traffic jammed”. So just watch for closed roads and freeways
TO clarify, that was police activity, not the fires. What a mess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter