California Grill Brunch

disneychemist

Earning My Ears
I have been trying to book California Grill Brunch for this December but have had no luck (even with a reservation finder). Does anyone have any advice? We're a party of 2 but still can't find anything...

Not sure of your dates, but there was something available on December 8th when I looked yesterday.

I have been trying to book California Grill Brunch for this December but have had no luck (even with a reservation finder). Does anyone have any advice? We're a party of 2 but still can't find anything...
Keep waiting. We have an ADR for the 29th but I'd really prefer one for the 22nd. I put in a TP reservation search for 2 different time periods back in August got a hit on Sep. 24th and got the dreaded "Paws". Of course it was gone by the time I refreshed the page.
Replaced it with another and so I wait.

Try putting in 2 searches for the same day and restaurant. My preference is almost closing time yet if I can get a reservation earlier in the day I'll cope w/ the reality. I put one time frame as 11:00 AM and the other at 1:00 PM thus covering most if not all the hours of operation.

jumping in with a question...

I know others have said the late reservations for brunch are not rushed, but the last time I was there the baba station closed fairly early from what I expected and we did feel rushed to put in our entree order even though we told the server we wanted to enjoy the self selection area before our entrees.

What time are stations cleaning up? And what’s the latest entrees have been ordered?

jumping in with a question...

I know others have said the late reservations for brunch are not rushed, but the last time I was there the baba station closed fairly early from what I expected and we did feel rushed to put in our entree order even though we told the server we wanted to enjoy the self selection area before our entrees.

What time are stations cleaning up? And what’s the latest entrees have been ordered?
The last time we went there I think we had a 12:45 PM ADR and arrived about 20 minutes late (Don't ask. It involved 2 newly minted teenage girls, hair styles and a bathroom mirror-eek!). The podium was closed and after about 10 additional minutes we found a CM to take us up to the restaurant floor where our reservation was honored.

The full appetizer buffet was still in place when we sat down at what must have been around 1:15 PM. At one point while eating the appetizers the waiter took our entree orders and encouraged us to order any seconds we might want. Later, in the middle of eating our entrees the waiter stopped by to let us know the dessert station would be closing soon so if we wanted anything he'd be happy to ask the kitchen staff to hold up a bit. I'd already noted that they were having a special Star Wars feature of some sort of weird looking chocolate doughnuts instead of the baba rhum so passed. The girls decided to try them but abandoned them on their plates shortly after; they looked like nothing I wanted to eat and I guess up close they decided the same. We took our normal box of pastries with us and the waiter added extras of certain types that we liked to the shopping bag. By the time we were leaving (after 3:00 PM) the dessert station was closed, and pretty sure the entree area was being cleaned up. There were 2-3 tables left.

That's the absolute latest we've ever been there and I felt neither rushed, deprived, or famished.

HTH!

Last edited:
The last time we went there I think we had a 12:45 PM ADR and arrived about 20 minutes late (Don't ask. It involved 2 newly minted teenage girls, hair styles and a bathroom mirror-eek!). The podium was closed and after about 10 additional minutes we found a CM to take us up to the restaurant floor where our reservation was honored.

The full appetizer buffet was still in place when we sat down at what must have been around 1:15 PM. At one point while eating the appetizers the waiter took our entree orders and encouraged us to order any seconds we might want. Later, in the middle of eating our entrees the waiter stopped by to let us know the dessert station would be closing soon so if we wanted anything he'd be happy to ask the kitchen staff to hold up a bit. I'd already noted that they were having a special Star Wars feature of some sort of weird looking chocolate doughnuts instead of the baba rhum so passed. The girls decided to try them but abandoned them on their plates shortly after; they looked like nothing I wanted to eat and I guess up close they decided the same. We took our normal box of pastries with us and the waiter added extras of certain types that we liked to the shopping bag. By the time we were leaving (after 3:00 PM) the dessert station was closed, and pretty sure the entree area was being cleaned up. There were 2-3 tables left.

That's the absolute latest we've ever been there and I felt neither rushed, deprived, or famished.

HTH!

Thank you for the great details. Sounds like you had an awesome and helpful server!

I am so excited to have a reservation for Feb 16 - what was to be the Sunday after we close on our new Florida home. But alas - we seem to be way ahead of schedule and today it looks like I will be searching for an ADR in early January! Fantastic problem to have.

Last night at 2:55 AM (according to my phone history) got a text saying there was an opening for a 12:20 PM 12/22 brunch seating at CG. Good thing I was already up while most of the rest of the world slept. Grabbed it and dilemma now ended. Only took 2 odd months, LOL.

Last night at 2:55 AM (according to my phone history) got a text saying there was an opening for a 12:20 PM 12/22 brunch seating at CG. Good thing I was already up while most of the rest of the world slept. Grabbed it and dilemma now ended. Only took 2 odd months, LOL.

We'll be there on 12/22 as well at 11:45 am; so excited! :)

Fingers crossed for the OP; hopefully the TP res finder gets you a ressie for 12/15!

I just got Dec 22 at 10:30. My TP search came through around 1:44am this morning. It was the 3rd time it came through (all 3 in the wee hours of the morning) but the other 2 times I went to book (immediately) and didn't get it (so someone else also had a search and got it before me...maybe alltwelve and NYCgirl above, lol). This time I finally got it. Yay!!!!!! I had the search set up for like 3 months.

Also, what is the current fee? I made ADR for 4. We are in Florida with our 2 DDs-20 and our friends. Would rather us adults go to get use of the bottomless mimosas (DDs will be 21 just 2 months later). But our friends aren't ones to spend $$. It was $80. And we have TIW card.

Also, what is the current fee? I made ADR for 4. We are in Florida with our 2 DDs-20 and our friends. Would rather us adults go to get use of the bottomless mimosas (DDs will be 21 just 2 months later). But our friends aren't ones to spend $$. It was $80. And we have TIW card.

When we did it last December, the price was $90 per person; I'm not sure what it is now.

I just got Dec 22 at 10:30. My TP search came through around 1:44am this morning. It was the 3rd time it came through (all 3 in the wee hours of the morning) but the other 2 times I went to book (immediately) and didn't get it (so someone else also had a search and got it before me...maybe alltwelve and NYCgirl above, lol). This time I finally got it. Yay!!!!!! I had the search set up for like 3 months.

I just realized I read your second post and not the previous one and saw that you guys got in! Good job! We'll be on the same day- so excited!

I got an ADR 5ish days before I left for my May trip. I was in the back of a Lyft and screamed when it came in. Really freaked the driver out.

i wouldn’t worry too much...

Several Disers on the 22nd! Ours is at 12:40 pm booked at 180+. I wanted earlier, but nothing available.

Prices went up in October. According to Josh, the current price for adults (including tax) is $101.18

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!