California Grill Brunch

What's the availability like 180+ days out? My reservation window for our July 7-13 trip opens on January 9 and I want to book California Grill for July 12. I checked June 28 (earliest day currently available) and there were no reservations.

I would make it a priority when your booking window opens. As they only offer brunch one day a week, and only for a few hours, the ADRs go quickly. It is definitely one of the toughest ADRs to get.

If you do not get it, do not give up. Do two things. First, use Touring Plans and/or *********** to have them search for openings. Second, kept searching yourself. I missed my 180 day window by two days and there were no ADRs to be had. But I did those two things and first I found an ADR for a time much later than what we wanted and grabbed it. Then Touring Plans notified me of an ADR possibility at the time I really wanted and I was able to get that instead. I forgot that *********** was also looking and about a week later, they notified me about an ADR possibility close to the desired time.

CG brunch often does not open at 180 days. Mother’s Day reservations did not open up this year at 180 days but a few weeks later they did and there were tons of times available for that day. I checked back a few times and there were reservations available for quite some time. Set up a reservation finder and they’ll let you know when it opens up.

I got CG brunch for 180+6 for June 28th - my ADR happened to be Christmas Day. I had the whole selection of times doing it as my first ADR! So I guess it depends on when it opened and how early in your trip it is.

I was able to make reservations today for the brunch on July 12 (so 180 plus 6 days). I checked around 6:45 a.m. EST and a 10:40 and 12:20 were available. Tried to make the 10:40 but I had an expired card linked to my account, and by the time I changed cards the only thing left was 12:35 or later, so I made the 12:35.

I have 2 for May 31st. Got via the wonderful TP resie finder. Have party of 2 at 10.30 and party of 4 at 12.20. Prefer party of 4 at 11.30ish. May only need party of 2 though. So I will keep at it to see what we end up with. Will need to cancel one of these at some point. Will post on the May cancelled ADR thread when I do.

Edit...just modified my 10.30 table of 2 to table of 4 at 10.55. Was also able to modify my 12.20 to 12.10. Now to decide which to keep.

Last edited:
I have 2 for May 31st. Got via the wonderful TP resie finder. Have party of 2 at 10.30 and party of 4 at 12.20. Prefer party of 4 at 11.30ish. May only need party of 2 though. So I will keep at it to see what we end up with. Will need to cancel one of these at some point. Will post on the May cancelled ADR thread when I do.

Edit...just modified my 10.30 table of 2 to 10.55 table of 4. Could also modify my 12.20 to 12.10. Now to decide which to keep.

Keep the 4, even if you only end up being a party of 2. It's much easier to drop 2 than to add 2.

So we have 2 ADRs for May 31st. Decided which to keep. Will be cancelling the 10:55 for party of 4. Anyone here wanting that date, May 31?

I woke up in a cold sweat the other day with the realization that I probably screwed myself out of a CG brunch adr because I booked our DVC reservation so that Sunday is 180+1. Don’t know why I made such a rookie mistake.

I woke up in a cold sweat the other day with the realization that I probably screwed myself out of a CG brunch adr because I booked our DVC reservation so that Sunday is 180+1. Don’t know why I made such a rookie mistake.
If you can't get it on ADR day just set up finder on TP. That's how I got my 2.

If you can't get it on ADR day just set up finder on TP. That's how I got my 2.

I will, of course, but between being a party of five and not being able to use a cellphone when working I am not holding my breath. It would have been better to have planned for it, that’s all.

I had originally planned my trip so Sunday was further along also, but plans changed and now we are in the same spot as you. Trying to get CG brunch at 180 + 1. I’m not hopeful there will be any reservations when it’s my day to book.

Just so people are aware, we were at CG brunch this past Sunday and there is no longer a bloody Mary bar, nor is one offered on the cocktail list.

Just so people are aware, we were at CG brunch this past Sunday and there is no longer a bloody Mary bar, nor is one offered on the cocktail list.
The Bloody Mary bar is still listed in Disney's description of Brunch at the Top, and it's a big deal for at least one member of our party 😆. Did you happen to ask why it was discontinued?

The Bloody Mary bar is still listed in Disney's description of Brunch at the Top, and it's a big deal for at least one member of our party 😆. Did you happen to ask why it was discontinued?

I did not ask why, but I did ask if it was discontinued and not just moved to a different location or just prepared in back or something and our server confirmed that it was indeed completely removed. He did not know if it was coming back or not.

I did not ask why, but I did ask if it was discontinued and not just moved to a different location or just prepared in back or something and our server confirmed that it was indeed completely removed. He did not know if it was coming back or not.
Thanks for reporting this. It's disturbing that Disney hasn't changed its description in MDE, but I remember that Highway in the Sky was still listed as 5 courses when they temporarily removed the cheese and champagne course. I think they experiment with temporary changes to see what does or does not cause problems with the guests. I don't drink bloody Marys but my son-in-law loves them and my husband would eat the jumbo shrimp my son-in-law got as one of the garnishes 🙄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!