California Grill or O'hana?

Mr. lncredible

No Capes!
My wife and I will be at Disney World for our 10th anniversary in May. I have a reservation for both California Grill at 7:55pm and for O'hana at 8:15.
Wondering what people thoughts are on which would be a better experience for dinner and a fireworks view.

California Grill has an actual area to view the fireworks. At Ohana you have to get lucky with a good table. CG is also much closer to the fireworks distance wise.

CG has better food and a more romantic atmosphere if you’re celebrating an anniversary.

CG is the obvious pick for me.

California Grill, unless your anniversary dinner requirements include coconut race games.

'Ohana's fireworks view is straight-on and CG's view is from the side, if that matters to you. But as PP said, there is no guarantee of an ideal-view table at 'Ohana.

They are 2 completely different types of restaurants, and both have fans and haters. But for a 10th anniversary, I certainly wouldn't pick 'Ohana.

Hands down California Grill! We celebrated our 25th anniversary there a few years ago and had a fabulous time! The food & service were fantastic! Can’t beat watching the fireworks from the viewing balcony! My profile pic is from that evening. Happy anniversary!

California Grill. We’ll be there for our anniversary next month. :goodvibes I think you’ll both enjoy it. Congratulations on your anniversary!

California Grill without a doubt! Food and fireworks view are amazing! Happy Anniversary!

I place zero importance on the fireworks viewing aspect because neither view is very good, too far away. I base my decision on the menu and for me, CG's food selection doesn't do anything for me. I prefer 'Ohana.

Another vote for California Grill - much nicer atmosphere for an anniversary celebration. Don't get me wrong, 'Ohana is great for a fun family night but I prefer the food at CG and the view of the fireworks is awesome!

While Ohana is a favorite, so much so that we eat dinner twice and breakfast as least once this is an easy one for a 10th Anniversary dinner you have to go with the California Grill.

There's no reason to ever consider 'Ohana over any other restaurant at WDW.
Harsh, I actually enjoy the food at O'hana quite a bit. My biggest concern with Cali Grill is my wife is having trouble finding something she would like on the current menu. So while I'm fairly sure the overall experience would be more magical at CG, I'd hate to drop $200 on a meal she isn't going to enjoy just for a better view of the fireworks.

California Grill is definitely better food with a beautiful view. But if you're in the mood for a polynesian style meal Ohana won't do you wrong.

My wife and I celebrated our 10th at California Grill, and I can honestly say it was the perfect place for our celebration. When we came to our table it was decorated for the occasion! Mickey confetti everywhere, various decorations around the table, complimentary champagne with strawberries and a few chocolates set on the table...they definitely were working to make the night special for us.

When the fireworks were about to start, and the manager came over to inform us the kitchen would be holding our complimentary dessert until we were finished viewing the fireworks from the observation area. When we got to the observation area everyone there yelled "Happy Anniversary". Yes, my wife cried and I teared up, this was a truly magical moment. When we returned our server had just placed our dessert on the table along with a card with about 30 signatures on it from staff and 1 large signature that said "Happy Anniversary, Mickey". THE BEST ANNIVERSARY DINNER EVER!!!

Now, I can't promise you will have the exact same experience at CG, it all depends on the staff and the crowd level in the restaurant (we were there early may nearly 9 years ago), but I can say for sure, you will never get that experience at Ohana!

Congratulations, and I hope you have a magical anniversary!

Not a big fan of Ohana.
CG is one of our favorites. And watching the fireworks from you table if yo are lucky enough to have one by the window, or on the balcony is an added benefit.
CG the easy choice for us.

Harsh, I actually enjoy the food at O'hana quite a bit. My biggest concern with Cali Grill is my wife is having trouble finding something she would like on the current menu. So while I'm fairly sure the overall experience would be more magical at CG, I'd hate to drop $200 on a meal she isn't going to enjoy just for a better view of the fireworks.

CG is very accommodating when it comes to preparation. If she wants a filet, but not with that night's accompaniments, they could swap them out for mac-n-cheese from the kid's menu or something from another entree, and leave off the sauce or serve it on the side. Same deal with salads and flatbreads.

If you're already convinced she'll hate the food, why are you asking which WE would choose?

I’ve always found the array of food at CG to be quite large. There are great steaks, chicken, Vegi, sushi, flatbreads, salads as well as a great cheese tray from which You can make a meal. The prep can be as simple or complicated as you like. Plus a good wine list. Ohana seems much more limited to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!