• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Screamin Open??? We're 18 days away

Quaktastic

Loving Donald since 1975
Has anyone heard a status, we're 18 days away from our 1 day trip. :confused3

Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

We are getting ready to go in about 20 days too, but from my understanding, I do not think that California Screamin will be open in the near future. On the Disney site, and from other posters on this board, I thought that it would be down until at least the holiday season. The accident takes time to investigate, and then I think they will do its refurbishment while they have it down.
I know we are expecting it closed when we are there....

I think it's still down during our honeymoon in November.

There is no set date for Screamin' to open. Dates currenetly show until 1/07 but that is only because there is no real date to put in. As far as I understand the investagation is not complete. And it won't be until after the investagation that any "expected" opening date can be decided. It all depends on what is said to be needed to be done. I would not expect it to be open for several months.

Yes, they are still investigating the accident. DOSH (Department of Occupational Safety and Health) is very meticulous about this stuff and Screamin' will not open until A) they have finished their investigation, B) they have issued to DLR what caused the accident and what DLR needs to do in order to prevent it from happening again, and C) DLR implements their recommendations to DOSH's satisfaction. This is going to take months. I do know that they have been doing tests on the particular brakes that failed to stop the purple train after the camel hills going into the helix by running one of the undamaged trains through the ride while filled with dummies. At the very least, that set of brakes and the sensors nearby will likely have to be replaced. They might have to replace all the brakes and sensors.

Because this accident was caused by a mechanical failure, it's going to probably take longer than an accident that was caused by operator error. The only incedents where the rides tend to reopen within a short period of time are the ones caused by guest stupidity--iow not keeping hands, arms, feet and legs inside the car, train, boat, etc... or when someone had one of the conditions listed on the warning signs and shouldn't have been on the ride in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter