camcorder or not?

demarcon

Earning My Ears
We are headed out in a few weeks, and I am wondering if we should take our camcorder to the parks. Our current camcorder is old and bulky, this might be a good excuse for buying a new and smaller one. I would love some video of the kids w/ characters and parades, but am not sure if this is practical or not. What do you do?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

I did take it with us last year and I don't regret it....I have 7 hours worth of tape! but my camera is small though...maybe it's time to get another one?? LOL.

Another vote for taking it with you!! At least take it with you and into the parks part of the trip. It's easy to get caught up and then feel like you are left out because you are taping so much. We taped every other day and I would not trade those tapes for anything. We got some beautiful pics with our cameras but the video is ten times better. I am soooo glad we took ours. AND, ours is not all that small. Pretty standard for today's cameras. A Panasonic VHS-C, I just put it in its carrier and slung it right over my shoulder, it's not heavy and I never had a problem with it on any of the rides. Have a great time!!

CatOne:bounce:

I have to agree!!! Take it with you. I asked the same questions on these boards two years ago. I wasn't sure I wanted to lug around our camcorder all week. I am SO glad we took it with. The very first day we were there, both of my DDs were asked to ride the Dumbo ride with Mickey and Minnie. And as much as my kids like to see the pictures of them on the ride they LOVE to watch the video. The video is so much more real to them!!! I am so thankful to this day to the man who talked me into taking it with!!! Now just a suggestion... If you decide not to take the camera to the park with you one day, be sure to remove the film. That way if someone decides that they just have to have your camera they won't have your film. The camera is replaceable, the film you've already taken is not!!! I just place our film in the safe in our room!!!! And...don't forget to put an address label on all film and on the camera!!! Have a GREAT trip!!!

The camcorders are definitely a pain to lug around, but worth every minute of it. We came back with 7 hours of tape as well. The look on the faces of our children, being the first to find Tigger as he came out of his trailer on a desserted street is priceless!!! We have a Sony Digital 8, not tiny, but not huge. Great picture quality too.

Erika

We were in your situation for our last trip. We wanted to bring our video camera but had the old bulky type. We went out and bought a new smaller one and so glad that we did! It was still something to have to worry about carrying in the parks, but the memories that we have on tape is worth it all. I will definitely bring my video camera with me again!

Take your video camera, It is worth the trouble. I have about 4 hours of great Film. CBR 99, Allstar movies 2001-Feb, Allstar music 2001 Aug,

Ya'll have convinced me to bring my video camera too. I think it is better to bring it and not use it, than to not bring and wish I had.

I am out to buy some blank tapes. Wal-Mart, here I come (again)!

Yippy!! 1 days left!

If this is your first time I would certainly recommend taking a camcorder. The firework shows in the three parks are well worth recording as is the Pleasure Island New Year show. Depending on how much time you have, I'd suggest that you spend a few days without the camcorder taking in the shows then go back and record the ones that were your favourite. I didn't take mine last year and ended up buying another cheap one whilst I was there just to tape the New Year show!!:pinkbounc

When we went with my cousins, one of them brought a camcorder (it was small) and it worked out great! He was able to capture some really great shots. When we got back we were able to watch them and they really brought back some great memories!

My DH & I just bought a small one because we felt it would be a good investment, and a way to show our family (who have not been to WDW) what WDW is all about. The new ones are so easy to use.

Yes Yes Yes

I would certainly take my camcorder (whatever the size) you cannot get back the times that you go to WDW (your kids will always get older) and if you miss it this time they will be 1 year, 2 years older (depending how often you go) and you will regret not getting them this time. We have taken ours every time and have hours and hours of video over the years and we could never get this again.

If it is really too big to carry you should buy a smaller one ( I dont think they are that expensive now).

You will really regret it if you dont

Jayne Birmingham UK;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter