Camper Rentals

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
Do any of the Fort authorized camper rental places rent things as small as pop-ups? We have been on the fence about buying a popup but I would really like to try one first and I figure what better place than the Fort?! Just doing a quick google search it seems like most people have 30-40 ft rentals. There are places to rent locally around home, but I would prefer to not have to tow someone else's rig for 15 hours. Thanks!

There was one, lynzi, but it ceased operations about a year ago.

If you can rent one locally, do so and take it out to a local state park for the weekend. Since you're in the market possibly, you would use it as well around home for lots of local/regional trips. But yes, the Fort is one of the BEST places to use your camper.

Bama Ed

I would echo what Ed suggested - try it locally first, and go from there.

Testing the waters with camping is a great idea. We did the same thing - borrowed a friend's pop-up for a week, followed by purchasing a lower cost hybrid that we used for 2 years before we stepped up to our 35' trailer 5 years ago. You want to know if it is worth the investment for you, and you are smart to work in slowly.

That said, there are two things I see with doing that test at the Fort...
  1. You could be unreasonably swayed to the positive. The Fort is such a unique camping experience that the Disney vibe could give you an unrealistic sense of the camping life. The vast majority of your camping would be more local, and I'm not sure you would life with an accurate picture of how things would be in the long run.
  2. Your higher-cost Disney trip could be stymied by the pitfalls of first-time camping (not knowing how things work, how to manage things, etc...).
A local trip will do more, at less hassle and cost for a first-time endeavor. Then, if you like the local one, consider whether you want to buy or rent for a Fort trip.

Just my two cents - good luck on your decisions!

I wouldn't recommend renting for a disney trip. Even if you rented one the was "fully equiped" you will find their idea of fully equiped may not be yours
We just moved from a vintage apache hard side pop up to a 27ft tt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!