Camping over Thanksgiving Holiday??

Louisianafive

Mouseketeer
:squirrel: We just need a break from relatives this holiday season!

Anybody ever gone camping for Thanksgiving?:squirrel:

I've wondered about that for years. Not much fun in a tent, not in this part of the country, but could be enjoyable in the trailer. DW usually has to work either the holiday or that weekend, though. The other problem is that, even when the family is getting to be a bit much, the food is something to look forward to all year (and I do!). Now, if I could get some of the family out camping, and the best of the food, THAT would be a scene to behold!

We have camped at Fort Wilderness a few times at Thanksgiving and it's great. But good luck getting a site now, I have been trying for about 2 months. I already have my res. for next year.

The Thanksgiving season is a great time to go. You'll see everything being transformed to the Christmas decorations, so the scenes will change daily, especially if you are there the week leading up to Thanksgiving.

We've stayed at FtW several times over thanksgiving and love it!

Even though I have no kids of my own, I did the "BIG" T-day dinner for years with In-Law's, friends, etc. In 1996 I finally asked myself why I was doing this for 25 +/- people each year when not one of the in-law's ever brought anything or helped in any way. So, I made ressies for FtW, and told everyone they were on their own! Somehow, they all managed to live!

I do not recommend the Thanksgiving Day Buffet at Trail's End. It is over-priced for just barely average food, very crowded & uncomfortable, and they do try to rush you out. We did T-day dinner twice at T.E. & had the same experience both times. You'd be better off either cooking your own dinner - or making ressies at another WDW restaurant.

Don't have any experience with the Fort over the Thanksgiving holiday yet, but we're set to arrive on Thurs. and depart on Sat. this year. We have done the weekend before Christmas in the past, and it was great with the cool weather, decorations and happy attitudes. As far as food for Turkey day, I guess if the Trail's End isn't recommended maybe we'll just do something in the camper. My belt will appreciate the lack of stretching required this year. :)

This will be our 3rd tday at the fort. The first year we did the "thanksgiving at the fort" at Mickey BBB... we weren't crazy about it. Last year, we brought honeybaked ham and turkey and did our own thing at the camper and we liked it much better. We are really looking forward to going since we haven't been since April thanks to the economy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter