Can’t buy tickets - any ideas ?

Blueslegend

Earning My Ears
I have a DVC reservation at WDW this Xmas. However I hadn’t bought my tickets and now it appears I can’t. Anyone facing the same issue?

All ticket sales and new reservations were halted as Disney prepares to reopen after Covid closure as of yesterday.

Yeah I know. But thanks. Just need some clarification as to what to if you have a reservation but no tickets. The Disney UK site isn’t offering anything until Jan 2021 and there’s nothing on the DVC site. I’ll try and speak with member services. Just curious as whether anyone was in the same boat.

Is it possible to buy unused tickets from someone else if they haven't been linked to My Disney Experience? If they are paper tickets I don't think they have names on and if they haven't been used then I think they are free to transfer. We paid a deposit on tickets for our August trip but we have now cancelled our trip but have until Wednesday to pay the balance on our tickets which would then be valid until September 2021. I'm wondering if i can ell them to someone else if we don't manage to re-book for next year.

Have you checked Undercover Tourist? I personally wouldn't buy an unused ticket from someone else.

I have indeed. Thanks Disney Frenhines. Not keen on buying an unused ticket. Not sure they are transferable.

I understand I can still buy an Annual Pass. It’s just date based tickets you can’t buy. At Xmas that would mean buying a Platinum Pass. I will be travelling for the 50th next year but I am still struggling to come to terms with the value in the context of current experience. The prices haven’t gone down. In essence I am paying the full amount for half the value.

Thanks for replying.

So as of now, the communication from Disney is that they will begin selling tickets for 2020 sometime "later this summer". Not reassuring for anyone who had plans through the end of August, but my thought is that they will release ticket sales for 2020 once they feel confident that most people who planned to use existing tickets in 2020 will have already booked their park reservations. They had to allow those with tickets to book first, and then determine how much availability they had to still stay within capacity limits. Tomorrow, annual passholders without resort stays can book park reservations. Then Sunday, ticketholders without resort reservations can book their reservations. I think before the end of next week we may have a better idea of if/when 2020 tickets will go back up for sale.

In the same boat. Have BC studio 12/26-1/3. Need tickets

I’ve heard a rumour they could go on sale from the 28th June. Now whether that is a UK ticket or direct from Disney (the latter costing more) I don’t know. You can buy an Annual Pass now. It’s really a question of is any ticket worth the price.

Had an email from DVC today stating we can now buy tickets, however I just get sent back to UK site where you can not buy tickets.

Had an email from DVC today stating we can now buy tickets, however I just get sent back to UK site where you can not buy tickets.

I know. It’s a shambles. Happy to take my Annual Dues, but buy a ticket ? Personally I think they are handling international DVC members with contempt. Didn’t see that in the brochure.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!