Can a 13 year old move down to the 10-12 group?

westjones

DIS Veteran
We have talked two families into joining us on our next cruise. They are families of my DD's friends. My twin DDs will be in the 10-12 group and so will the other kids coming along except one girl will be 13 by the time we cruise.

Can she join the rest of them in the 10-12 group? This will be her first cruise so all the activities will be new, and I know they just all want to be together.

Thanks,
DJ

I can't answer that for sure, BUT I would have to think they wouldn't have a problem with it.

On our cruise, they were very loose about the twelve year olds even moving up to Common Grounds and going in between that and the 10-12 program. I thought DSD (13 yo) might be more interested in the 10-12 programming, but she never even broached the subject and had a blast with the teens' activities.

On our June 7, 2003 Magic cruise, I had my daughter, 15, two sons, ages 11 and 13 and our friend's 11 year old son. At first my 13 year old signed up for the teen club finally, he was so excited. But after only 1 afternoon and realizing that most of the kids were older than him, we inquired about moving him back to the club with his brother. They had no problems doind this once for us. What they did tell us is that he had to pick one of the clubs. If he changed his mind and went back to the teen club, he could not change it again and go back to the kids clubs.
They also told us that unless a 12 year old was very close to turning 13, they wouldn't make an exception on letting them into the teen clubs. This makes sense since there are kids up to the age of 18 in here and things go on that 12 year old shouldn't be around I'm sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter