Can anybody help a first time renter?

ekmom

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I want to rent a house next March for my family and I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a property that might suit us. Doesn't hurt to ask, right? :goodvibes

Our group is 6 adults, so we need at least 3 bedrooms with queen or king beds and at least 3 full baths. There will also be a 3 year old and 9 month old twins. So we need a 4th bedroom with a twin bed and we also need 2 cribs or pack and plays. We also want our own pool. Location isn't all that crucial as far as being close to the parks. I'm not sure we'll do more than one Disney day and perhaps not even that. The focus is escaping the Michigan winter and spending time with family that live in the Orlando area.

My daughter (the mom of all the kids) is nervous about making the trip, so I'd like something that can be cancelled up to a month or two before in case she backs out :eek: I think I have her convinced that this is doable though :cheer2:

Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated! :wave2:

I can't help with a specific property but I can say that there are plenty of 4/3 pool villas, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, out there. In general to get 3 full baths you will probably end up with 4 or more bedrooms. Though your request for three bedrooms with king or queen beds might bump you up to a 5 bedroom house. When we rented our 4/3 villa two of the bedrooms were suites, one with a king and the other a queen, and two were set up with 2 beds for kids. Which was typical for most of the 4/3's that I knew about.

Check carefully on the cancellation policy. Some places might be more stringent on cancellations. A lot of villas book quite a ways out and then it can be hard to fill in for a "late" cancellation.

I totally understand escaping the Michigan winter. DW and I are now Disney snowbirds, escaping the New Hampshire winter. Before we became snowbirds we made a number of vacation visits to our villa and it really makes for a relaxing vacation. With the 6 adults you mention I might suggest a slightly larger villa to get a bit more space to give everyone room to spread out. I am sure you know your family and how well they will survive living together.
Wishing you good luck in your search and a pixiedust: visit!

check out vrbo or homeaway. So many homes will fit that criteria. I try to pick the ones with lots of guest ratings. I have had really good success in the past. Actually, my best tip is to ask around locally and see if someone you know or someone in your town/city/state has a rental. The personal connection helps with feeling comfortable with rental, IMO.

I don't have advice on properties, but I'm thinking you might have trouble finding a property with 2 pack and plays or cribs. that said, there are multiple companies that rent baby equipment - cribs, pack and plays etc in addition to strollers. A quick google search will turn up lots of results.

We’ve rented a 4 bedroom/3 bath home 3 times in the High Grove subdivision with two of the rooms having twin beds. I also don’t recall 2 Pack and Plays - I believe there was only 1 stored in the game room. There are larger homes in High Grove with more than 4 bedrooms.

Be sure to check the layouts of the home - all bedrooms were upstairs in the homes we rented and I’m not sure if there were baby gates.

Using VRBO/HomeAway, we always have had good correspondence by email and phone with the homeowners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!