CAn anyone comment on The Opryland Hotel?

tripletvan

DIS Veteran
My DB & DSI will be staying at the Opryland because they had a hard time getting a place within US and where we are at the BW is sold out. We were wondering if anyone had any experiences there? Thanks in advance!

I hope to be there in May. The place looked pretty awesome when I did a site tour with the GM last year and it ought to be a really special resort, very close to WDW.

We toured the resort during the grand opening...there is only one word for this place....spectacular. You are very lucky to be staying there...you are going to love it!

Great restaurants...we tested the lunch buffet at the mediterranean restaurant...it was excellent. There is also a seafood restaurant...complete on a boat and water inside the resort...you have to see it to believe it. Also a steakhouse. We are looking forward to trying those places as well.

Two great pools, shops. This resort is very, very nice!

The resort itself is in a great place, you should have minimal traffic!

Webray - SimonV, I thought I remembered reading that they have a dueling pianos nightclub there. Did you happen to notice? Also, did you see what their restaurant prices were like? We're staying there for two nights in May. I'm hoping that they have a casual poolside menu for the kids; although, I myself would like to try out ONE of their restaurants.

Having spent time at the Opryland hotel here in Nashville, I can tell you to think Disney on pricing. The food here is expensive, but good. Actually the rooms here are not very big. I will be curious to see if they are bigger in Orlando.

Is this the same hotel that is called the "Gaylord"? I have a friend who just returned from Orlando. Her husband was there on a business trip. If so, she said it was brand new and beautiful. She and her 2 ds's hung around the pool while dh was in meetings. She also said the food was good but very expensive.

I just returned from there last week, Gaylord Palms....long story how we ended up here but the hotel is big and nice. They have different themed areas, Key West, Everglades etc... we stayed in the Everglades and it was all woodsy with fog rolling through and streams and waterfalls. The steak restaurant was very expensive. It also has a spa that is pretty pricey. The pool for the kids is cute....had zero entry and have a giant octopus that squirts water and is a slide..they also have a beach bar and they supply towels. They also offer a shuttle to the parks every hour. Only complaint I had was our last night, a large group of kids checked in (some christian academy) and that night you could hear them out in the atrium, sound echos...I figure at 1:45 am security should have made sure there weren't loud people out there to wake all of us up!!!!

Yes, there was an advertisement set up for the dueling pianos...we didn't see it...but it is supposed to be there.

The prices at the mediterranean restaurant were a little better than disney prices.

Lynn did you get a decent rate? How would you compare it to WDW resorts?

I didn't have to pay for the room because I had gotten Marriott World Center through priceline and they had overbooked a convention so they paid to send me here.....I've only stayed at moderate resorts at Disney so I'd say this is Deluxe!!!

Webray, thanks for the info on dueling pianos. I'm definately going to look for it when we go. Last year, we stayed in Orlando & tried to go to the dueling pianos there, but it had closed down. So we went to the Boardwalk at Disney to go to JellyRolls. Unfortunately, there was a horrendous storm. The lightening & wind were tremendous. There was no way to get out to the club. Once it died down a bit, we started out & got rained on. Once the a/c hit, I was freezing & we ended up going back to our hotel. We'll see if we make it this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter