Can DS still use his old "child" park hopper days now that he's 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd pass this along: when we went a few years ago my ds was 6 and dd was 8. They each have a day left on PH passes. I called and spoke to someone at WDW to see if they could use these days in Sept. when ds will be 10 and dd 12. She said my son could "get away with it"- her words- because the age was so close. But I would probably be questioned on my dd and to go to guest relations when we got to the park and pay the difference on the ticket to upgrade to an adult.
This was from calling 407wdisney.

If anyone recalls I DID say that the unused days could be traded in for an adult pass. It does not matter whether or not the person "has permission" to get away with it or not. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

AND I am not honest because I think Disney is so perfect. I am honest because that is how I was taught and that is what I teach my child.

From what I have read on these boards, this is a very decent group of people who try very hard to help each other with questions and problems as they arise. We all try our best. It's a shame that there are some who chose to be so judgemental, it diverts from the purpose of the boards.

Well, I did give information.... I stated what the person should do with the ticket. TRADE it in for an adult ticket. I believe that one person said they had not even thought of it as stealing so there again I have given out information.
I am not judging anyone. I have not named any names. All I have done was write the TRUTH. There will be only one true judgement of stealing and it will be from someone FAR superior than I.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was me that had said I hadn't thought of using a child pass for a 10 yr old that would have been 10 only a couple of months....never thought I'd be accused of cheating of Disney...this is way out of hand, like I said before, my DD would have known nothing about it..

I wonder though...when everyone gets on these boards and brags to no end on the great discounts they receive on disney properties and take hundreds of dollars off their reservations using codes, is this considered cheating Disney??? I'm sure I'll be flamed for this....why was my question so terrible?

No using coupons and discounts (many Disney sponsored) are not cheating. If you use a coupon to buy a loaf of bread that is not cheating and neither is using a coupon for a meal or a discount for a ticket.
YES Disney prices are outrageous but no one here makes the rules. My DD went free several times because she was UNDER three. We took her then as many times as we could because she was free!! But when she turned 3 in September and we went to Disney in December we bought her a ticket. Goodness yes she could and still does pass for being younger than she is. Were we tempted to try to sneak her in?? YES!!! Were we advised by lots of people to sneak her in???YES!!! Have lots of people already done this???YES!!! Do we make tons of money and feel that money is nothing???NO!!! We just feel EVERYONE should be honest.
My dd was very proud of the fact that she was three years old and I was not about to try to convince her that " no sweetie you are really only two at Disney World" .
Yes Disney makes a ZILLION dollars every day off of hard working people like us but that STILL does not make it right to lie about your childs age in order to save a few bucks. And just because noone walks up to you and ask how old your child is that still does not make it right to sneak your child in as younger than they are.
Once again I have named no names nor have I called anyone a name. Once again I know that everyone is going to do what they want to when it comes to cheating the system or with being honest. Nothing I write here will change anyones mind when it is alreadymade up. However if one person thinks about it and decides to stand up and teach right from wrong by example then all of this will have been worth the sore fingers in typing this!!!;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

I've been wondering the same thing about character meals.

My daughter is 12, but eats less than most 5 year olds, and it is hard to swallow to pay adult meal prices for her.

Plus as Canadians we have to spend $1.60 to get just one American Dollar!! It definitely bites!!

Once again I have named no names nor have I called anyone a name.

True. However, the tone of your posts seem to indicate that anyone who does not agree with your black and white world view is a liar, a cheat and a parent who teaches the wrong thing to their kids.

Yes, the original poster could apply the remaining days to an adult pass for their 10 year old. Depending on their travel plans, that may in fact be the best solution for them. However, if they're only at WDW for the couple of days they have left on their passes, then I see nothing wrong with using the passes they already have.

Let your 10 year old use the remaining days on the pass!! You paid for it and I know by what you've said that you will buy an adult one next time. It's really not any different than me using my passes from '97 that I bought at a cheaper price.

Hi everyone,

What started as an honest question that only needed a simple "yes" or "no" answer has turned in to a debate on morals. Yes, this is a very touchy subject, but it can be discussed in a civilized, adult-like manner.

My co-moderator, Wheelsie, already asked once to refrain from insults and bashing, but such attacks have continued. For this reason, this thread has been locked. Please remember that the DIS is about helping out fellow Disney fans, not calling them liars and cheaters. Thanks so much! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter