Can I book FP+ before activating an AP?

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
I will be purchasing annual passes for our November trip. If I understand correctly, I can purchase through MS or on-line, but must pick them up when I arrive. Is there a way for me to link the inactivated passes to MDE so I can book FP+ at my 60 day mark?

You will get a confirmation number that you will link to MDE. Having that will allow you to make the FP reservations. When you arrive you will have to go to GS and activate the AP to be able to enter the park.

Be sure to bring your Blue DVC ID card and a photo ID for all adults that will get passes.

As long as you have a resort stay booked then you can book your FP at 60days. I just did this in April and activated the AP when i arrived. If no resort stay then it would be 30days.

As long as you have a resort stay booked then you can book your FP at 60days. I just did this in April and activated the AP when i arrived. If no resort stay then it would be 30days.
Question... My son has his own MDE account. (He is a college student and goes with friends, too.). Can I link our resort reservation to both of our MDE accounts, since he is listed on the reservation? Then I will book FP for all of us.

Question... My son has his own MDE account. (He is a college student and goes with friends, too.). Can I link our resort reservation to both of our MDE accounts, since he is listed on the reservation? Then I will book FP for all of us.

You are linked thru friends and family with him on MDE, yes? When you link the reservation to your account it will match up to the people you are associated to and you will be able to make FP's for him.

You are linked thru friends and family with him on MDE, yes? When you link the reservation to your account it will match up to the people you are associated to and you will be able to make FP's for him.
Yes, we are linked. Thanks so much!

I will be purchasing annual passes for our November trip. If I understand correctly, I can purchase through MS or on-line, but must pick them up when I arrive. Is there a way for me to link the inactivated passes to MDE so I can book FP+ at my 60 day mark?

Yes, just to agree with others, "been there, done that". And in case you're afraid, as I was, the AP will NOT activate as soon as you book FP+. I was so afraid of that happening. But no, the date I went to my first park was the first day the AP activated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!