Can I check my bags at resort and then take Uber/Lyft?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
Or do I have to take the ME bus? I never tried this combo before, so I figured you guys would know! Thanks!

As long as your airline is a "participating" one, yes.

A quick google search found this (since it's not a Disney website, I don't know how up to date it is)
  • AirTran Airways
  • Alaska Airline
  • American
  • Delta
  • Continental
  • Jet Blue
  • Northwest
  • Southwest
  • United

RAC (Resort Airline Check-in) is totally independent of ME - it's no different than checking your bags at the airport.

OP: Just make sure to drop your bags with RAC 3 hours before your flight is scheduled to take off. Their hours are 5 am - noon.

Last month, my cousin and I dropped our bags with RAC, ate breakfast, and ordered an Lyft. We left the resort a little under 2 hours before my cousin's flight, which was a little before mine.

OP: Just make sure to drop your bags with RAC 3 hours before your flight is scheduled to take off. Their hours are 5 am - noon.

Last month, my cousin and I dropped our bags with RAC, ate breakfast, and ordered an Lyft. We left the resort a little under 2 hours before my cousin's flight, which was a little before mine.
Just want to point out you need to drop your bags AT LEAST 3 hours before your flight. And the 3 hours starts once you're walking away from the counter. So if your flight is before 8am, you can't use RAC. But if your flight is at 10p, you can still drop your bags at 5am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter