Can I do this...

Pharmgirl123

Mouseketeer
I booked Royal Pacific for this Dec. 21-26 at the AP rate. I was planning on purchasing the AP from the official Universal website before the trip. But I just thought of something else...

Can I purchase a 5 day park-to-park pass from Vistorlando.com at $268.38 (with Black Friday discount + tax) and then upgrade to an annual pass at the hotel (before checking in) and then get the AP rate at check in? Hope this even makes sense!!!

Do I actually save anything by doing the 2nd option?

I don’t think you can upgrade at the hotel. But it doesn’t matter; ask them when they need to see the ap and upgrade at the parks before that time.

I was told yesterday by a universal cast member that I can upgrade my tickets at the kiosk at the hotel (portofino bay)

Nobody is upgrading at a kiosk, since it is just a computer. There is a ticket centre at each hotel which is manned by an employee during the day. It is near the kiosks. That person may now be doing upgrades. They didn't used to, but if anyone is doing it at the hotels, that would be who to see.

I called Universal and they said I definitely can buy regular tickets and then upgrade to an AP before I check in. They did recommend I do this at the park though.

Super excited about this! I used the 10% visitorlando deal and will save about $80 or so on an annual pass

Did the same thing. Got the black friday tickets at Visitorlando and plan to upgrade to AP when I get to the park before checking into to a room with APH rates.

As long as you show the ap to the front desk before the day you check out, your ap booking rate will be honored

You can check in the hotel and hit the parks the first day

When you return to the hotel later, show the front desk the ap and have it noted in your file

Nobody is upgrading at a kiosk, since it is just a computer. There is a ticket centre at each hotel which is manned by an employee during the day. It is near the kiosks. That person may now be doing upgrades. They didn't used to, but if anyone is doing it at the hotels, that would be who to see.
I think it is a matter of terminology. I was referring to the ticket desk as a kiosk. At least here where I live, a kiosk is not necessarily just a computer. For example, we call the small vendors in shopping mall aisles kiosks.

I think it is a matter of terminology. I was referring to the ticket desk as a kiosk. At least here where I live, a kiosk is not necessarily just a computer. For example, we call the small vendors in shopping mall aisles kiosks.

You're right. However, at Universal they specifically label the computer terminals the "Will Call Kiosks" and they instruct people to go to the Will Call Kiosk to pick up their tickets that they purchase online. Telling people that they can go there to upgrade was just going to create confusion.

I called Universal and they said I definitely can buy regular tickets and then upgrade to an AP before I check in.

In case my post earlier didn’t make sense, yes of course you can, but if it’s causing stress to do it before checkin you don’t have to. At checkin ask when they need to see your AP. They will tell you. Then upgrade and show it to them by the day they tell you.

Sometimes doing all that before checkin can cause stress, and it’s unnecesaary stress. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter