"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

I was the Pilot this time! I think the only position I have never been is the Engineer.

We only rode once but I was the engineer! Fitting because I actually am an engineer!

We sampled some free chocolate from the Ghiradelli stand and looked around for a while!

I loved those chocolate sculptures! And free chocolate was very nice!

The standby line was nonexistent, so we decided to go through that instead and use our anytime FPs later (spoiler alert, we didn’t

Haha, we had a couple anytime FPs we didn't end up using!

Unfortunately, I just remembered these pictures now and when I looked back to check our email, they had expired. Booooo!

Oh no! We're they thru photopass? If you want we can connect as friends on MDE and I can download them for you! (Beauties of having an AP!)

Tom couldn’t stop laughing at the end scene. He said, “This looks like a bad drug trip!”

It totally does! I wish I had taken a pic of the Figment Pinkie and Blue Boy paintings because my mom volunteers in the museum where they actually have those paintings and takes school tours around!

On our last day of the trip, we went to Epcot and watched “Honey I Shrunk the Audience.” Now, the show was super funny and silly! But, ironically, it was the pre-show that really stuck out to me. I'm not sure what it was about it, but even at 8 years old, I was so touched by this video. Maybe it's my sensitive nature, but I teared up while watching it in the audience and still tear up when I hear it to this day. At this moment, I was sitting in the theatre and thinking "Disney World is my favorite place on Earth." To me, this video symbolizes exactly what Disney is all about: imagination, inspiration, creativity, uniqueness. Pour out your true colors, y’all. :goodvibes

I feel the same way about this pre-show! The last time I saw Honey I Shrunk the Audience I was in high school back in the 90s, and I don't remember anything about the show except for the preshow. Every time I hear that song it brings back memories of those trips and I can't help but to tear up!

I just found your new trip report! I had followed along with your last mom/daughter report. I didn't realize the big family trip was during Irma!!! Sounds like you made the best of it. We are thinking of going to Disney in Dec 2018 with another family but I am SUPER nervous about the prospect of traveling with 8 people. Looking forward to hearing how this trip went.

I'm still reading along, just haven't had as much time for commenting lately. Busy this weekend celebrating Canadian thanksgiving. My wife and I tried cooking a turkey for the first time today, I was worried about it but it turned out really well.

If you like Figment now I really think you would have liked the original one. I rode it only once when I was 9 years old, I don't remember a lot about it but I think it wa better.

You accomplished a lot in Future World. Test Track has become one of my favorites, but I don't think anything can top Soarin'. I haven't ridden Flight of Passage yet, so it's still in first!

You've got me all nostalgic for 90's Epcot. I so miss the Wonders of Life pavilion with Coach's Corner, Body Wars, The Making of Me and Cranium Command. I also enjoyed the Horizons building. My kids were young then and I have so many great memories of our visits to Epcot.

Just found your report - we left on that Saturday before Irma. We were at Epcot same day as you! Looking forward to reading about your trip.

Last edited:
Joining in! Somehow I missed your final post in your last TR about this one. I feel like I'm watching a TV series waiting for the Hurricane days to arrive lol

We only rode once but I was the engineer! Fitting because I actually am an engineer!

I loved those chocolate sculptures! And free chocolate was very nice!

Haha, we had a couple anytime FPs we didn't end up using!

Oh no! We're they thru photopass? If you want we can connect as friends on MDE and I can download them for you! (Beauties of having an AP!)

It totally does! I wish I had taken a pic of the Figment Pinkie and Blue Boy paintings because my mom volunteers in the museum where they actually have those paintings and takes school tours around!

Awww, you are so sweet! :hug: Unfortunately, they were not through photo pass, it was one of those things where you could e-mail a "postcard" to yourself. But thank you so much anyway!

Haha, I wish they sold those Figment pictures in the dump shop so that people could buy those; that would be so cool!

I feel the same way about this pre-show! The last time I saw Honey I Shrunk the Audience I was in high school back in the 90s, and I don't remember anything about the show except for the preshow. Every time I hear that song it brings back memories of those trips and I can't help but to tear up!

Ahh I'm glad someone else shares the appreciation for this :) True Colors is one of my favorite songs in general, and watching this video takes me back to just being a kid!

I just found your new trip report! I had followed along with your last mom/daughter report. I didn't realize the big family trip was during Irma!!! Sounds like you made the best of it. We are thinking of going to Disney in Dec 2018 with another family but I am SUPER nervous about the prospect of traveling with 8 people. Looking forward to hearing how this trip went.

Yes, hi Ariella!! SO glad to have you here :goodvibes I just started reading along with your TR as well!

We definitely made the most of Irma; I was nervous about it at first but it all worked out! Disney with 6 people was totally different than traveling with just Mom and I, but it gave me a whole new perspective as well as kept things fresh!! :thumbsup2

Hi! :wave: I am so glad I found your TR! I'm planning our first kid-free trip so I am thoroughly enjoying your fun family!

Hi and :welcome: Happy you are here! Thank you so much for all of the nice words; adults-only trips are AWESOME! ::yes::

I'm still reading along, just haven't had as much time for commenting lately. Busy this weekend celebrating Canadian thanksgiving. My wife and I tried cooking a turkey for the first time today, I was worried about it but it turned out really well.

If you like Figment now I really think you would have liked the original one. I rode it only once when I was 9 years old, I don't remember a lot about it but I think it wa better.

Hi Jeff! Glad you're reading along! Happy belated Canadian Thanksgiving :laughing:

I will have to see if I can find a Youtube video for the old Figment ride. So many people rave about it, so it's definitely worth a shot!

Oh no! We did that once and didn't even get the pictures emailed to us until like 8 months later :rotfl:

Yum!

It does :laughing:

Hahah, whaaat? That's so funny actually, I bet it was a nice little surprise 8 months later! :rotfl2:

Oh, and by the way, Tom and I finished Rock of Love 3 and are now on to I Love Money 1. I think we may have a problem ::yes::

You accomplished a lot in Future World. Test Track has become one of my favorites, but I don't think anything can top Soarin'. I haven't ridden Flight of Passage yet, so it's still in first!

You've got me all nostalgic for 90's Epcot. I so miss the Wonders of Life pavilion with Coach's Corner, Body Wars, The Making of Me and Cranium Command. I also enjoyed the Horizons building. My kids were young then and I have so many great memories of our visits to Epcot.

I totally agree with you, Test Track is fun but I could ride Soarin' over and over and over and never get sick of it :love:

Ahh, vintage Epcot! I was only 6 on our first trip, and the only one of those that I truly remember is Body Wars! I know we must have gone through Wonders of Life and Horizons as well. I also have a vivid memory of watching the Tapestry of Dreams parade! :)

What a fun afternoon! You guys got on a lot of rides! I'm glad TT was up and running so you all could ride!

We tried to get as much done as we could, since we were sensing that Irma would interfere with our plans! ::yes:: And Test Track is always iffy so I was super glad we could ride it; I knew Tom would love it!

Just found your report - we left on that Saturday before Irma. We were at Epcot same day as you! Looking forward to reading about your trip.

Hi and :welcome: That is too funny that we were at Epcot the same day!! You planned it well that you could get out before Irma hit :) Thanks for reading along!

Joining in! Somehow I missed your final post in your last TR about this one. I feel like I'm watching a TV series waiting for the Hurricane days to arrive lol

:welcome: and thanks for following along!! And that's my master plan.. build the suspense... muahahah :rotfl:

It was hilarious although the pictures we’re really bad :rotfl:

Omg so I started watching Rock of Love 3 a couple weeks ago with Josh, and we just finished too. Well we quit when it was down to 4 girls because I know who wins, and we didn’t think they were that entertaining. (Ashley was our favorite so we watched until she left :rotfl:) I want to watch I Love Money soon too or I may start Charm School. :scratchin

It was hilarious although the pictures we’re really bad :rotfl:

Omg so I started watching Rock of Love 3 a couple weeks ago with Josh, and we just finished too. Well we quit when it was down to 4 girls because I know who wins, and we didn’t think they were that entertaining. (Ashley was our favorite so we watched until she left :rotfl:) I want to watch I Love Money soon too or I may start Charm School. :scratchin

Hahahah, even though Ashley was totally rude and nasty sometimes, she and Farrah were definitely the most entertaining to watch by far! Tom and I were rooting for Mindy at the end (she was the lesser of two evils), and were so sad when Taya won. I mean come on, she said she wasn't advertising her.... ahem... career... and she had it plastered all over her shirt in interviews!! :rotfl:

I want to watch Charm School as well, but I heard that Lacey was on it and she is nothing but :crazy:!!

Day 1: Part 5- “Sit Right Here And Have Another Beer In Mexico!”

Hello Disfriends! Where we last left off, Mom, Dad, Tom, and I were headed out of Future World and into World Showcase! Haley and Ryan had already gotten a head start on the Food and Wine goodies, and we couldn’t wait to join them! Although we had a good-sized lunch at The Mara earlier, we had all developed a hankering for something cold and alcoholic ::yes:: From the picture Haley sent me, it looks like they had accomplished just that over in Norway!

Back to the rest of us! Right at the entrance of WS, I knew that there was something that I wanted to try. So, we headed left to the Islands of the Caribbean booth! Mojitos are probably my favorite alcoholic drink (tied with an Amaretto Sour), so the frozen mojito was a no-brainer.

It was super good! Just sweet enough but still had a sour kick as well, and nice and cold to combat the weather. It wasn’t too hot or sunny out, but the humidity was getting stifling! I drank it pretty quick, although that’s no huge feat considering the size of it :laughing: Mom got one as well!

Drinks in hand, we all walked around by Canada. Tom is half French-Canadian, so he really enjoyed this area of WS!

Had to get this tourist shot :)

Haley and I (and a mask we colored) in 2000!

After looking around Canada for a bit (we almost got poutine), my Dad wanted to head into Rose and Crown in England to look at the beer menu. Of course, I had to get a picture with the phone booth like last year!

Ahhhh, blinded by the light!

We sat inside Rose and Crown and looked, but it was pretty crowded and loud in there. We could tell that my dad was getting hot and tired, so we decided to walk over to Mexico, where it was a bit quieter.

We sat down outside of La Cantina De San Angel and my parents got some cold Diet Cokes! My dad was getting close to hitting a wall, since he had worked a 12-hour day the day before and only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. So, Mom and Dad decided to head back to AKL so my dad could take a dip in the pool and cool off. My mom promised that she’d be back for IllumiNations later. Would she come back to Epcot tonight? Read on to find out :ssst:

During this time, Tom and I had been texting Haley and Ryan! They were in Japan, so we told them that we’d start slowly heading on over to meet them. Notice how I underlined slowly? :rotfl2:

We started out in China, where we stopped to watch the acrobats for a bit and saw Mulan from a distance. Then, we looked around Germany. I had to introduce Tom to the amazingness that is Karamell-Kuche!! As soon as we walked inside, we were like….

image.gif

One of the best smells in the world! If you haven’t noticed, I have a VERY strong olfactory memory :goodvibes Tom and I had a good laugh at trying to pronounce the German store names like “Der Teddybar,” “Das Kaufhaus,” and “Volkskunst.” We probably butchered them :lmao:

We were starting to get thirsty, so we decided to get a beer flight from the Brewer’s Collection booth! According to the Food and Wine website, the three beers included were the Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse, Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner, and Schofferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer. The pomegranate beer was gifted to me, so that was the only beer I got a picture of!

YUM. I am usually not a beer fan, like at all (baaaaad Wisconsinite!). I will take a Summer Shandy or a Corona with lime maybe twice a year on a hot summer day at a Brewers baseball game. That’s it :rotfl: But this beer was awesome! It was just sweet enough with the fruity flair, but not sickly sweet. Kind of like a toned-down wine cooler with a bit of a beer flavor! Tom and I sat down to drink the flight, soak in the Epcot atmosphere, and talk about how much fun we were having :lovestruc

Not a bad view!

All of a sudden, Haley started blowing up my phone. Ooops, we were supposed to meet Haley and Ryan! :scared1: She said that they were still in Japan, but it wasn’t a big deal because they had wanted to sit down for a bit. She sounded like she had been... having a good time :thumbsup2 Tom and I finished the beer and started walking towards Japan, which was good timing because Tom had mentioned that he wanted to try some Sake!

We finally met up with Haley and Ryan, and Tom ordered a Sake Strawberry Mist for us to share. I’ve never had Sake before, but I don’t think this tasted like it :rotfl2: Tom was a little bummed, I think he was hoping for something more authentic. It was yummy but tasted more like a Strawberry Daiquiri!

At this point, Mom texted us to say that her and Dad made it back to AKL!

We all got soo excited at this text! A savannah view AND bunk beds?! :hyper: We were thinking that since Mom and Dad had them, maybe we would have them too! Even though we were traveling as a group of 4 adults, we were literally sitting here in Japan ARGUING over who would get the bunk beds :rotfl:

image.gif

I wanted to take a peek in Mitsukoshi, so we looked around in there for a little while. The snack section looked so awesome, I wanted to try everything! It reminded me of one of my favorite Buzzfeed videos:

Sadly, we didn’t buy anything and moved on out of Mitsukoshi. I managed to capture this beautiful view of Spaceship Earth!

As I was taking the picture, a CM came up to me and asked if I would like a picture of all of us. Why, of course, lovely CM!

Once we got our pictures all settled, we headed over to Morocco. I was starting to get a little hungry, and I felt weird not getting any food from Food and Wine! Plus, Mom had sneaked me $50 when her and my dad left for AKL, and it was burning a hole in my pocket ::yes:: I decided on something that I had seen online prior to the trip: the Spicy Hummus Fries!

Maybe it’s my American naiive-ness, but I guess I was assuming this to be french fries with hummus on top? :laughing: Anyway, it was AMAZING! I love spicy food, and this had an awesome amount of spice and exotic flair to it. I wolfed it down in probably 2 minutes!

We explored the Morocco Pavillion, since it has always gone kind of under the radar to us. It is gorgeous and so detailed! We loved the little lamp shop that was themed like Aladdin! :genie: As Haley and I were taking a bio break in Restaurant Marrakesh, we got this text from Mom:

:sad:

We were a bit bummed, because we knew that Mom really wanted to come back for the fireworks. But, we figured that this was for the best, since we had an early day planned for tomorrow and they needed their rest. So, us kids were on our own now! Where to next?

Coming Soon- Day 1: Part 6- “And I Think To Myself, What A Wonderful World!”

Last edited:
Tom is half French-Canadian, so he really enjoyed this area of WS!
Oh interesting! Glad he enjoyed it. If I'm being honest, I think the Canada pavilion could do with a refurb. It seems like most of the other countries are getting rides eventually. I'd love to see a ride in Canada. We're *kind of* becoming known for winter sports, so I wondered if they could do some kind of bobsled ride.

had to introduce Tom to the amazingness that is Karamel Kruche!!
That place is awesome! Except that I could get one of everything in the case and be happy with it.

I am usually not a beer fan, like at all (baaaaad Wisconsinite!). I will take a Summer Shandy or a Corona with lime maybe twice a year on a hot summer day at a Brewers baseball game.
That sounds a lot like me actually. Yes, I admit it, I like girly drinks. If someone offers me a beer I'll drink it to be nice. And if I really had to I'll get a Corona myself. But I'm happier to have a drink with a little umbrella in it.

We were starting to get thirsty, so we decided to get a beer flight from the Brewer’s Collection booth! According to the Food and Wine website, the three beers included were the Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse, Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner, and Schofferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer. The pomegranate beer was gifted to me, so that was the only beer I got a picture of!

YUM. I am usually not a beer fan, like at all (baaaaad Wisconsinite!). I will take a Summer Shandy or a Corona with lime maybe twice a year on a hot summer day at a Brewers baseball game. That’s it :rotfl: But this beer was awesome! It was just sweet enough with the fruity flair, but not sickly sweet. Kind of like a toned-down wine cooler with a bit of a beer flavor! Tom and I sat down to drink the flight, soak in the Epcot atmosphere, and talk about how much fun we were having :lovestruc
Same girl! I hate beer but that looks pretty good.

We finally met up with Haley and Ryan, and Tom ordered a Sake Strawberry Mist for us to share. I’ve never had Sake before, but I don’t think this tasted like it :rotfl2: Tom was a little bummed, I think he was hoping for something more authentic. It was yummy but tasted more like a Strawberry Daiquiri!
He's not missing much. It tastes like rubbing alcohol.

We all got soo excited at this text! A savannah view AND bunk beds?! :hyper: We were thinking that since Mom and Dad had them, maybe we would have them too! Even though we were traveling as a group of 4 adults, we were literally sitting here in Japan ARGUING over who would get the bunk beds :rotfl:

image-gif.276653
There's so much room for activities!

GREAT update! I'll have to look into that beer you mentioned while we are there, as a NON-beer person myself.

What a fun afternoon for you guys! Can't wait to find out if you guys got bunk beds :rotfl:That stinks that your mom decided not to come back for Illuminations, but like you said it was probably for the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter