"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

We had that same beer flight and I loved that beer too! Were you all sitting at the tables on the water in front of the Karamel Kuce?

I've never been to the Food and Wine Fest as February or May seems to be the months we like to visit Disney. Last year we were there a couple of days before the Flower and Garden fest started and the food booths were open.:cool1: I love being able to try all the different places.

What a fun afternoon you had.

I love the Hummus fries, very yummy. Looks like a wonderful afternoon/evening sampling food and alcohol!

Tagging along. I'm enjoying your flashbacks. My youngest dd is 23 and our first trip to WDW was also in 2000! It's kind of like old home movies. LOL.

Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

Schofferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer. The pomegranate beer was gifted to me, so that was the only beer I got a picture of!
I love the Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer, so I can image that I would love the pomegranate beer!

Even though we were traveling as a group of 4 adults, we were literally sitting here in Japan ARGUING over who would get the bunk beds :rotfl:
Ha! I hope you guys were able to get bunk beds as well...

Hahahah, even though Ashley was totally rude and nasty sometimes, she and Farrah were definitely the most entertaining to watch by far! Tom and I were rooting for Mindy at the end (she was the lesser of two evils), and were so sad when Taya won. I mean come on, she said she wasn't advertising her.... ahem... career... and she had it plastered all over her shirt in interviews!! :rotfl:

I want to watch Charm School as well, but I heard that Lacey was on it and she is nothing but :crazy:!!

That was the entertaining part :rotfl: Also Hulu had these little extra scenes at the end of the episodes that cracked me up. Oh yeah Taya was all about her career it's all she ever talked about! I found her Twitter recently and she advertises herself as like a club promoter/several time cover girl for a certain magazine/reality star so that seems it was obviously for her career.

Lacey's too crazy :laughing:

Oh interesting! Glad he enjoyed it. If I'm being honest, I think the Canada pavilion could do with a refurb. It seems like most of the other countries are getting rides eventually. I'd love to see a ride in Canada. We're *kind of* becoming known for winter sports, so I wondered if they could do some kind of bobsled ride.

That place is awesome! Except that I could get one of everything in the case and be happy with it.

That sounds a lot like me actually. Yes, I admit it, I like girly drinks. If someone offers me a beer I'll drink it to be nice. And if I really had to I'll get a Corona myself. But I'm happier to have a drink with a little umbrella in it.

Haha, maybe the reason that Tom was so impressed with the Canada pavilion was because he's never been to Canada before :rotfl: I trust your judgment if you say that it needs a refurb! I totally miss the Lumber Jack show, it was so funny and unique.

Tom is also the same way, he'll drink beer but much prefers a mixer! Very manly :thumbsup2

OH i love the throwback photo in Canada, and mojitos are my favorite drink too!:love: Great update!

Aw thanks girl :) YES mojitos are awesome! I was eating at a local Mexican place the other night and they made me a PEACH mojito! I was in heaven :cloud9:

Same girl! I hate beer but that looks pretty good.

He's not missing much. It tastes like rubbing alcohol.

There's so much room for activities!

YAY I'm not the only one who hates beer! No matter how much I try to make myself like it, I just can't!

:laughing: maybe the non-authentic Sake was a blessing in disguise... And YAS I was counting on you to get that reference!

Sounds like it's been a great day at Epcot so far.

We had a great time, it was the perfect first park for Tom :goodvibes

GREAT update! I'll have to look into that beer you mentioned while we are there, as a NON-beer person myself.

Thanks!! :) OMG you left today, right?! Hope you all have an amazing time!! Let me know if you tried the beer, haha!

What a fun afternoon for you guys! Can't wait to find out if you guys got bunk beds :rotfl:That stinks that your mom decided not to come back for Illuminations, but like you said it was probably for the best!

Haha, you'll find out in the next update... :scratchin And yeah, my mom would have been fine but Dad would have totally hit a wall and thrown a man-trum!! :scared1:

We had that same beer flight and I loved that beer too! Were you all sitting at the tables on the water in front of the Karamel Kuce?

Hey, great minds think alike! :thumbsup2 And I actually can't fully remember; I know we were in Germany but I want to say we were sitting on a bench/ledge and not at a table!

I've never been to the Food and Wine Fest as February or May seems to be the months we like to visit Disney. Last year we were there a couple of days before the Flower and Garden fest started and the food booths were open.:cool1: I love being able to try all the different places.

What a fun afternoon you had.

I was in WDW for my first Flower and Garden last March, and I LOVED IT! I actually liked it more than Food and Wine... shhh... :earseek:

I love the Hummus fries, very yummy. Looks like a wonderful afternoon/evening sampling food and alcohol!

They weren't what I was expecting but surpassed my expectations, if that makes sense! :laughing: We definitely got our F&W fix!

Tagging along. I'm enjoying your flashbacks. My youngest dd is 23 and our first trip to WDW was also in 2000! It's kind of like old home movies. LOL.

Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

:welcome: and hi! Thanks :) I am a sucker for nostalgia so I love including vintage pictures and stuff in my TRs. For me, a huge part of loving Disney comes from past memories there!!

I love the Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer, so I can image that I would love the pomegranate beer!

Ha! I hope you guys were able to get bunk beds as well...

It is so yummy; I like the grapefruit beer but I loved the pomegranate beer even more! And hmmm... that will be revealed next update! :yay:

That was the entertaining part :rotfl: Also Hulu had these little extra scenes at the end of the episodes that cracked me up. Oh yeah Taya was all about her career it's all she ever talked about! I found her Twitter recently and she advertises herself as like a club promoter/several time cover girl for a certain magazine/reality star so that seems it was obviously for her career.

Lacey's too crazy :laughing:

Haha, Tom and I's favorite Ashley moment was when she was drunkenly trying to open her Lean Cuisine :laughing:

OMG, Taya sucks :sad2: I try not to look up Rock of Love girls on social media because we're still kind of watching the different series and I don't want any spoilers! I made the mistake of looking someone up and found out who the winner of I Love Money 4 was! :furious:

Sounds like y’all had a lot of fun country-hopping! I am now anxiously waiting to hear if y’all had bunkbeds or not:rotfl:

So... even though I'm not from the South like you, can I still say "y'all?" :rotfl2: I can just hear your cute little voice through my computer, I love it haha! And hmmmm you'll see soon! :scratchin

Day 1: Part 6- “And I Think To Myself, What A Wonderful World!”

“Here I go again on my own!

Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known!”

Haha! Just being dramatic :lmao: Where I last left you guys, Mom and Dad had decided to stay at AKL for the night and relax after our early travel day. This left all us kids on our own for the rest of the evening! What is the first thing we do?

Get drinks, of course! :drinking1

image.gif

We were nearing France, and Ryan said that there was something that he NEEDED to try. Apparently, while he and Haley were at another booth earlier, they saw some college program kids drinking an orange slushy drink. When Ryan asked what it was, they said “Liquid Gold.” :laughing: Turns out, it was the Grand Marnier Orange Slush!

We decided on a Grand Marnier Orange Slush as well as a Grey Goose Citron Slush to all share.

Does the “Liquid Gold” live up to it’s name??

Looks like a yes to me!!

Selfie with the Grey Goose Citron Slush! It was ok, but the orange slush was definitely my favorite (the orange slush tasted like a Dreamsicle!) You can see how humid it was outside from the foggy picture :eek:

While we were boozing it up in France, my parents enjoyed a nice dinner at Jiko- The Cooking Place! My dad is a total foodie and desperately wanted to try out AKL’s fine dining. They did not have an ADR, and since it was kind of a last minute decision, they just paid out of pocket.

My mom had the Botswana Seswaa-Style Short Ribs, and my dad had the Bo Kaap Malay Seafood Curry. And of course, they did not take any pictures :rotfl: Overall, my mom said that Jiko was so-so; she is not a huge fan of spicy food and I think the African flavors were a bit much for her. However, my dad loved it and said his food was amazing! This was definitely more my dad’s choice ::yes:: Then, after dinner, they just spent some time walking the resort, swimming, and looking at the animals until we all returned from Epcot.

Let’s rewind back a little bit to the fun group! :thumbsup2 It was getting to be about 7:30 PM, and we were definitely starting to get hungry! We moved on towards England, when suddenly, a special place caught Ryan and Haley’s eye.

Why is this place special, you ask?

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

On December 28th, 2016, Ryan proposed to Haley at the Most Magical Place on Earth :goodvibes He had booked them for the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party on the first night of their trip, and popped the question as soon as the show started! He had hired professional Disney photographers to hide in the bushes and capture the moment :laughing: Then, when they returned to the Wilderness Lodge that night, Ryan had ordered champagne, chocolate, flowers, and custom robes to their room!

You can’t tell that I’m jealous at all ;) Anyhow, after seeing the exact spot of their engagement, Haley and Ryan needed to reenact it (for Instagram purposes of course)!

I think they did a great job! At this point, we were STARVING, so we huddled together to try and make a decision. We checked to see if Rose and Crown was taking walk-ups, and they said that we could be seated right away! But, the menu didn’t really appeal to Haley and I, so we were back to square one. I used my DISboards noodle and conjured up a perfect dinner spot; Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie! The menu was crowd-pleasing, plus we didn’t have to use a table-service credit.

The boys stopped at a stand in England to get beers, and we were on our way! It was a bit of a struggle getting our orders (I felt bad, the girls working there had very thick French accents and were kind of hard to understand). But, we finally were able to sit down and rest our aching feet! It wasn’t until we sat down that we realized how much walking we had done today :earseek:

Haley and Ryan both decided on a Croque Monsieur. Tom got a Croissant Jambon Fromage, and I chose to follow @Newsies ‘s recommendation and get a Roule Lard et Fromage!

It was so yummy! I think it had been sitting out for a bit, because the outside was getting kind of hard and chewy. But, the inside was warm and gooey and delicious :cloud9: It was a perfect use of a snack credit! Tom asked what was in it, and when I told him (bacon, bread and cheese), he said, “You had me at bacon.” :rotfl2:

After our nice little dinner/snack, Tom decided that he wanted one more drink before IllumiNations (I swear, the guy has a hollow leg :laughing: ). So, the boys split off to England, while Haley and I had something else in mind…

Ice cream! :hyper: We hopped over next door to L’Artisan Des Glaces and used our snack credits to fulfill our sweet tooth! I decided on chocolate, while Haley chose caramel.

We met back up with the boys in England to find a spot for IllumiNations, and Tom had bought some radioactive green drink :confused:. It was called a Leaping Leprechaun, and it was actually soooo good. It was sweet and went down super smooth, which was surprising considering the sheer amount of alcohol in it (rum, vodka, whiskey, AND melon liqueur. Yes, you read that right :scared1:).

We switched spots a few times before finally settling on a spot right outside of the Canada pavilion. We had to stand behind an ice cart, but the CMs were super nice and moved it a bit for us :hug:

Blurry picture, but a pretty great view!

I didn’t take any pictures during IllumiNations, because 1. I suck at taking fireworks pictures and 2. I like to soak in the ambiance instead of frantically trying to get the perfect shot. Every now and again, I glanced over at Tom, and he was in awe :goodvibes First Disney fireworks for the win!! He turned to me after the show and said, “That was amazing!” I said, “That’s funny, because this is the least impressive nighttime show at Disney!” He basically gave me this look…

image.gif

You’re in for a fun week, kiddo :thumbsup2

After the great show, we left with the mass exodus of crowds. They were playing the score for the Tapestry of Nations Parade, and I was LOVING it. I managed to find the Illuminations/Tapestry of Nations CD at Goodwill for only 99 cents last year, and it’s been a staple in my car CD player ever since!

On our way out, we saw a Photopass CM and decided to get one last shot of all of us!

Bye Epcot!

We were a bit nervous about the bus service, since we had to wait for 30 minutes earlier in the day to get to Epcot. But, the busses were speedy quick and there were plenty to go around! We got on the third AKL bus in a row at about 9:50. There were many a sleeping child on the dark bus :faint:

According to my phone, we arrived back at AKL at 10:07!

We were all basically busting at the seams to see our room, so off we went! And now, I present to you, our home for the next 6 nights: Room 2376!

I basically had to closeline everyone at the front door in order to get untouched room pictures :rotfl: Hey, my DIS duty calls!

Oh, hi self :)

Aww man, no bunk beds :sad: Oh darn it, I guess us couples will just HAVE to snuggle! :rotfl2:

Other than that sad fact, our room was perfect! It was a bit of a trek to get there; looking at the map, it is of course in the farthest group of rooms from the lobby :lmao: I’m pretty sure we were actually closer to Kidani Village than Jambo House!

As for our view….

Wait, when did it turn into morning?! :laughing: Well, I tried to take a picture of the view in the moment, but all I saw was blackness. So, you get to enjoy this picture from the next morning! Our view was absolutely wonderful; we overlooked the Sunset Savannah and we couldn’t have asked for a better “standard” view :love:

We knocked on Mom and Dad’s connecting door, retrieved our carry-ons, and talked with them for a little bit about our nights.

Their elusive bunk beds!

The boys weren’t quite ready for the party to end, so they headed down to the lobby to explore, grab a snack, and check out the arcade. But, Haley and I were wiped! We each showered and watched Stacey for a bit. Ryan and Tom returned at about 11:30, and we all conked out shortly after. Whew! :earboy2: It was a whirlwind first Disney day, and the fun continues bright and early tomorrow!

Coming Soon- Day 2: Part 1- “Do You Believe In Magic?”

Last edited:
“Liquid Gold.” :laughing: Turns out, it was the Grand Marnier Orange Slush!
That looks so yummy

my parents enjoyed a nice dinner at Jiko- The Cooking Place!
Love that place

Ryan proposed to Haley at the Most Magical Place on Earth :goodvibes He had booked them for the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party on the first night of their trip, and popped the question as soon as the show started! He had hired professional Disney photographers to hide in the bushes and capture the moment :laughing: Then, when they returned to the Wilderness Lodge that night, Ryan had ordered champagne, chocolate, flowers, and custom robes to their room!
Awe how romantic

@Newsies ‘s recommendation and get a Roule Lard et Fromage!
Good idea

Leaping Leprechaun
pattyday_u25.gif
cute name

I basically had to closeline everyone at the front door in order to get untouched room pictures :rotfl: Hey, my DIS duty calls!
Now that's being a good disser

Hi Molly! I think I've commented on one of your trip reports before, but wanted to say how much I enjoy them! I would love to go back to Disney with my whole family, but mostly my siblings- the last time we went as a family was over 10 years ago. Sadly, they don't share my enthusiasm, but I think I might be able to convince them for a trip next year. I know they'd love it if I could just get them there haha.

He basically gave me this look…

image-gif.277945

laughed out loud at this hahaha

Aww man, no bunk beds :sad:

That would be our reaction as well. Can't wait to read more!

Haha, Tom and I's favorite Ashley moment was when she was drunkenly trying to open her Lean Cuisine :laughing:

:rotfl: YES I loved that!

OMG, Taya sucks :sad2: I try not to look up Rock of Love girls on social media because we're still kind of watching the different series and I don't want any spoilers! I made the mistake of looking someone up and found out who the winner of I Love Money 4 was! :furious:

She does! Most people went on to live a normal life so there isn't much on them. I know! I forgot who won season 3 and found out it was Taya by accident while googling something else. I Love Money 4 was the only season I didn't see I think.

“Here I go again on my own!

Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known!”
Holy cow! Whitesnake...now there's something I haven't heard in years. I was pretty young myself when that song was on the go.

Turns out, it was the Grand Marnier Orange Slush!
I've read about this in many trip reports but I've never had one. It's definitely on my list. I wonder is your dreamsicle similar to a creamsicle that we have in Canada? It's orange popsicle filled with vanilla ice cream. I enjoy them :-)

I used my DISboards noodle and conjured up a perfect dinner spot; Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie! T
I love that place! Great selection for a meal (any place with bacon on the menu, you really can't go wrong. But I think their desserts are even more impressive. Especially if you have a sweet tooth like me.

He turned to me after the show and said, “That was amazing!” I said, “That’s funny, because this is the least impressive nighttime show at Disney!”
As much as I like Illuminations I agree it's probably the least impressive night time show. Although I haven't seen Rivers of Light yet.

The Grand Marnier slushes are totally liquid gold!!

Sounds like such a fun night in Epcot! Looks like you picked a good place to eat and your ice creams look so yummy!

Hahaha I love the part about you telling Tom that Illuminations is the least impressive (and I totally agree)...he was definitely in for a fun week ahead!!

Aww no bunk beds but your room still looks fabulous!

What a fun day and it was only day 1!!

And YAS I was counting on you to get that reference!
I know more Step Brother's references than any one person should :rotfl:

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

On December 28th, 2016, Ryan proposed to Haley at the Most Magical Place on Earth :goodvibes He had booked them for the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party on the first night of their trip, and popped the question as soon as the show started! He had hired professional Disney photographers to hide in the bushes and capture the moment :laughing: Then, when they returned to the Wilderness Lodge that night, Ryan had ordered champagne, chocolate, flowers, and custom robes to their room!

You can’t tell that I’m jealous at all ;) Anyhow, after seeing the exact spot of their engagement, Haley and Ryan needed to reenact it (for Instagram purposes of course)!

Ugh so cute!! I'm going to show it to the BF so he gets the hint.

It was so yummy! I think it had been sitting out for a bit, because the outside was getting kind of hard and chewy. But, the inside was warm and gooey and delicious :cloud9: It was a perfect use of a snack credit! Tom asked what was in it, and when I told him (bacon, bread and cheese), he said, “You had me at bacon.” :rotfl2:
I love the bacon cheese roll. It's usually my breakfast on Epcot days!

So... even though I'm not from the South like you, can I still say "y'all?" :rotfl2: I can just hear your cute little voice through my computer, I love it haha! And hmmmm you'll see soon! :scratchin

Haha I don't see why not! :)

Turns out, it was the Grand Marnier Orange Slush!

This has always been one of my mom's favorites!

We hopped over next door to L’Artisan Des Glaces and used our snack credits to fulfill our sweet tooth! I decided on chocolate, while Haley chose caramel.

Their chocolate ice cream is SO yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!