Can I only buy the DDP through Disney?

From what I understand, the dining plan is only available as an entire package (room, tickets, and dining plan), and is only available if you pay rack rate, and from Disney. The only exception that I know of is you may be able to get a AAA discount (on the room portion only) but only from a AAA travel agent if there are any AAA discounts available for your resort and your dates, which is not always a given. You cannot buy discount tickets from a ticket broker and still get the dining package.

Palendat said:
From what I understand, the dining plan is only available as an entire package (room, tickets, and dining plan), and is only available if you pay rack rate, and from Disney. The only exception that I know of is you may be able to get a AAA discount (on the room portion only) but only from a AAA travel agent if there are any AAA discounts available for your resort and your dates, which is not always a given. You cannot buy discount tickets from a ticket broker and still get the dining package.

Ditto!

It should be noted that DVC members don't have this restriction.

From allearsnet:

The Magic Your Way Dining Plan can only be purchased as follows:

1. If you are a non-Disney Vacation Club member, you must purchase a Magic Your Way vacation package at a Disney resort for your entire party with at least one day's park admission. The number of days for the Dining Plan will equal the number of nights you have reserved your room on the package. It has nothing to do with the number of days of park admission you have.

2. If you are a Disney Vacation Club member staying at a DVC resort on points, you may purchase the Dining Plan. You must purchase the Dining Plan for everyone in your party. No purchase of park admission is necessary. The number of dining plan days will equal the number of nights of your stay.

NOTE: The following resorts do not participate in the dining plan: The Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green and the Downtown Disney resorts on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, which are not Disney owned or operated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter