can i stay at two DVC resorts at the same time? (yes, i know it sounds crazy)...

they're needed for those who don't have smart phones (like my 93 year old mom and my 6 year old grandson).

and i much prefer using an MB to having to fiddle with something to get into the room.
You can still get a MB after 1 Jan, it just won't be free. I suspect you can still get a key card at the Front Desk as well but don't know that for certain.

You can still get a MB after 1 Jan, it just won't be free. I suspect you can still get a key card at the Front Desk as well but don't know that for certain.
yes, they're giving out key cards.
but i still prefer the MBs....i put one on and forget it for the rest of the trip. Swim with it, shower with it, sleep with it.....for me, it's freedom..
only once was it a problem - when it fell off on thunder mountain...LOL.....
but a trip to guest services and i had a new one in the same color that had fallen off....

There seems to now be an issue with them being able to check you in to two resorts at once.

I usually book an extra night for a split stay and I always have to make sure we are checked out of first before they can activate and get our Magic Bands to work at the 2nd resort.

You have to register all the guests at the 2nd resort, but in a different order allows them to stay booked,

However, you may need some special help from a manager at the 2nd resort to get things to work.

Great idea! Never thought to do this on a split stay. Does not checking out of the first til later affect when the next is available & will you still get a text notification without checking out of the previous first?

Or if they are still running behind. Even though we ordered our upgraded bands a month prior to a recent trip, the bands arrived to our home 2 days after it's start. Disney promptly refunded us.

Great idea! Never thought to do this on a split stay. Does not checking out of the first til later affect when the next is available & will you still get a text notification without checking out of the previous first?

Yes. Until they officially check you out the text doesn’t come. So I always go to the front desk when leaving the first one.

I'm thinking about this too- but in the instance of having 9 total people split between Poly and BWV. 2 rooms at poly and 2 BR at BWV. I was hoping we could put all names on both reservations as our 9 fits for both resort room make ups so that we could enjoy both pools, etc. From what I am reading here, may have to go the pseudonym route for that????

Yes. Until they officially check you out the text doesn’t come. So I always go to the front desk when leaving the first one.
Earlier this month, I received a Room Ready at around 10:30am before I had left my current room. It was a mid-week switch but it's the first time I've gotten notification of my next room before check out time for my current room.

Earlier this month, I received a Room Ready at around 10:30am before I had left my current room. It was a mid-week switch but it's the first time I've gotten notification of my next room before check out time for my current room.

Wonderful! Maybe with the push to do direct to room they updated things which makes more sense than having to wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!