Can I switch points?

Txshadow

Retirement dreams...WDW and Golden Oak.
We just bought another resale contract that has 138 banked points that expire March 31, 2020. We have 2 trips planned already before these new points expire. I was wondering if member services would swap out the points I used to make my current 2 reservations and use my newly acquired points? Anyone have experience with this?

Are they the same use year as the ones used for the reservation? Member Services should be able to help you with this.

Use years are different. New points are April 2019, first booked trip is with March 2019 points and second is using Dec 2018. I figured the trip using the 2018 points wouldn’t be an option to swap out since those points need to be used.
I was hoping for a little advise before trying to jump thru member services hoops.

Use years are different. New points are April 2019, first booked trip is with March 2019 points and second is using Dec 2018. I figured the trip using the 2018 points wouldn’t be an option to swap out since those points need to be used.
I was hoping for a little advise before trying to jump thru member services hoops.
The reason I asked about use years is because I know resale contracts can get tricky and sometimes require different membership numbers. If all of your points are under the same membership, this will be quite easy but it's not something you can do yourself. Reallocation can only be done by member services; even if it's the little online chat on the dvc website.

Are the points for the same resort as well? If so, you should be able to have Member services switch it out. If not same resort, you would have to wait until the 7 month mark to make the switch (and they could only switch if there was availability to rebook under new points)

Thanks for the info! At least I know there is a little hope this will work out. If not we will look at renting out the 138 points.

With them being different UY's, there is gong to be no way for MS to use banked points to cover reservations made on a different UY. These are considered two different memberships and banked points can not be transferred, which is what would need to happen in order for MS to use them in the reservations you have already booked. As already mentioned, what you can do is book any nights that are still available for your trip (beginning or end) with the banked points, and then ask MS to adjust your other trips and linking the reservations between your memberships.

With them being different UY's, there is gong to be no way for MS to use banked points to cover reservations made on a different UY. These are considered two different memberships and banked points can not be transferred, which is what would need to happen in order for MS to use them in the reservations you have already booked. As already mentioned, what you can do is book any nights that are still available for your trip (beginning or end) with the banked points, and then ask MS to adjust your other trips and linking the reservations between your memberships.
Completely missed the fact that they are banked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!