Can I upgrade a Multi-Day Pass to an *Renewal* Annual Pass?

JudyS

Disney Lover, DVC Member, and Timeshare Fan!
Hi, all! I have previously saved money by buying a discounted multi-day ticket from Undercover Tourist, then upgrading it to an annual pass. This year, I am think of renewing my annual pass, rather than waiting a few months until after it expires and then buying a new one. Can a ticket purchased from Undercover Tourist be upgraded and applied to the price of an annual pass renewal? Or, can this sort of upgrade be done only with a new annual pass? TIA!

I believe the answer is yes.

Head over to the Theme Park boards and take a look at Robo's ticket thread that is pinned.

I've done this. But it's been 4-5 years ago. Or 6-7 years ago! So, the answer was yes, but not sure what is now feasible.

I called customer service to do this exact same thing and was told yes, but it has to be done in person.

Yes, but...

This is a very unusual transaction. Don’t expect every CM to be properly trained to process it. I doubt 5% of them will be able to handle it. I suspect you’ll spend a lot of time at several guest services locations. Make sure the discount is worth the trouble.

Yes, but...

This is a very unusual transaction. Don’t expect every CM to be properly trained to process it. I doubt 5% of them will be able to handle it. I suspect you’ll spend a lot of time at several guest services locations. Make sure the discount is worth the trouble.

Agree 100% with this. I have done lots of ticket upgrades - many from regular tickets to annual passes. Over half of the upgrades have had problems. I have never attempted the upgrade that you want to do, I have always assumed that it would never work. Just be prepared for issues and be ready to go to another guest services until you find a cm that can help you.

The reason for this is that we have no official procedure to do it, and therefore no one is trained to. It's something we almost never get asked to do (I've done it once in three years).

Unlike the vast majority of ticket transactions, Guest Relations is a better bet for this than a ticket window. They have more leeway with being allowed to make procedures up on the fly.

We were able to apply our 9 day Park Hoppers toward renewal DVC Platinum Plus Annual Passes this past December at Epcot Guest Relations Innovations.

We had non-DVC Platinum Annual Passes and wanted to take advantage of the DVC Platinum Plus Annual Pass promotion, but assumed we would be required to purchase new, not renewal. However, the CM understood our situation, took over the transaction, and handled it effortlessly. I did nothing but stand there. In the end, she bridged us to DVC PPAP renewals, which turned out to be cheaper than the 9 day PHs.

So I would say our situation was very rare. I also wish I had written down the CM’s name; she was a PRO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter