can interval exchange get free dining?

mickey mommy

Mouseketeer
My mom and Dad were lucky enough to get an exchange for Beach Club Villas during free dining. I called DVC Member services and was told that they could not get the free dining, but they could purchase it. I was wondering if anyone else was able to get the free dining with an interval exchange or DVC stay. The CM I talked to talked to me like I had 2 heads. And had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned Free Dining!

Help please! :confused3

mickey mommy said:
My mom and Dad were lucky enough to get an exchange for Beach Club Villas during free dining. I called DVC Member services and was told that they could not get the free dining, but they could purchase it. I was wondering if anyone else was able to get the free dining with an interval exchange or DVC stay. The CM I talked to talked to me like I had 2 heads. And had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned Free Dining!

Help please! :confused3

Sorry, no free dining with DVC or interval exchange stays. They can purchase the dining plan if they are staying DVC, but it is not free.

Previous poster is correct. DVC members do not get free dining but they can purchase it.

Free dining is for those who pay rack rates and buy their tickets/passes through Disney.

DVC members can get the dining plan but without paying rack rates and without having to purchase tickets/passes and they must pay for it.

I think you may find your parents can't BUY the dining plan either.

DVC members staying on points, or people who rent points reservations from DVC members, can buy the plan. But I don't know if an II exchange would be eligible.

I'd suggest you call DVC Member Services back and be sure they understand it's an exchange in. Better to be disappointed now than at check-in.

The "free" dining is a really just another type of room discount. Pay the full rack rate for a Magic Your Way package, and get a "free" dining plan. In other words, the "free" plan isn't really free.

DVC members — and II exchange guests — can pay for the Disney Dining Plan. It works out well financially if you like 3-course table service meals.

I just thought of another way to put this in perspective.

If the discount were "save $100 per day off the rack rate," nobody would expect Disney to give DVC members or II exchange guests $700 in cash for a 1-week stay.

However, because the discount is a "free" dining plan instead of a monetary discount, there are DVC members and II exchange guests who think they should get it too.

I also was lucky enough to get an II exchange during the free dining. I had my reservations before the free dining was announced. I had already ordered my dining package for 4 Disney adults costing $1063. I then needed 7 day park hopper /water fun tickets costing like $1200. After free dining was announed I checked into the price at the All Stars. Getting a 7 day reservation and tickets and free dining it cost a little less than $1800. So I booked the All Star room, I still have my room at OKW, and we have saved about $400. We will check into All Star Sports get our tickets and then go enjoy OKW. :cool1:

I just called the DVC member services to add the dining plan on for my parents and grandparents and was actually prepared to pay for it as well. DVC added it to their reservation and told me that it is payable upon check-in. Not sure why they didn't want the money for it right now, But at least I was able to add it on.

Thanks Again!

DVC always pays for the DDP at check in. It's nice because it doesn't tie up your $ in advance.

Free dining is a lovely perk. Actually, you can get free dining if you are staying at a DVC resort--but only if you are staying at the resort for $ (not points) and buy the park ticket with the package. We DVC owners already got a great deal by staying on points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter