Can kids order adult apps on DxDP?

nat8199

DIS Veteran
We have the DXDP for our upcoming trip. I have been looking at some menus, and my kids would love some of the adult app choices. For example, two of them love mussels and would be very happy if they could order the mussels at our BOG dinner.

All three are true Disney kids (7, 7, and 8) if that makes a difference.

Because deluxe dining plan credits aren't separated into adult and child, kids can usually order from adult menus. It isn't official policy and could change at any time, but it has been unofficial practice for quite a while now.

I’m under the impression that they’ll have to order an adult meal to order an adult appetizer. If they order a kids meal, they’ll be limited to kids appetizers.

i find it depends on the server/restaurant. When we went last on deluxe some restaurants said kids had to order from kids menu, others said they could order from adult or kids and others still said they could mix and match.

Credits are not broken out to child and adult. But the plan says children must order from children's menu

So up to restaurant to enforce. It is worth it for the restaurant to allow adult ordering. More tip and more reimbursement to the restaurant

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter