Can member check in people for Moonlight Magic but not attend?

Kazi7

Mouseketeer
We have 5 tix for Moonlight Magic on 3/1. We're staying in a 2BR at SSR with 7 people total, but I forgot to add our extra people to the reservation before the deadline so I could only get 5 tickets. Husband and I have AP, the others attending won't have any tickets for the day. Can we show up to Epcot to check in at 7pm and allow the other 5 people to take the wristbands, but not actually attend the event ourselves? It says the member must be present at check in, but it doesn't say that the member has to attend the event himself.

No. The member has to attend. I went through this, but remembered to put my daughter as the lead. She’s one owner. I wasn’t sure I could go. Seems like it will be the member and 4 guests in your case.

When I went, they scanned me in and immediately put my writband on me, so my guess is that both you and your husband would not be able to opt out, only one of you....

Ok thanks. That’s a bummer. Two of my adult kids decided to join us after I got the tickets. I was prepared to give up my ticket but that only covers one of the extra kids.

Ok thanks. That’s a bummer. Two of my adult kids decided to join us after I got the tickets. I was prepared to give up my ticket but that only covers one of the extra kids.

When you're less than a week out, make a post looking for someone that may have extras. We had the same issue a few years ago and I found someone with 2 extras who met us at the park so we could get the wristbands. Not sure if that would work with someone without tickets.

We have 5 tix for Moonlight Magic on 3/1. We're staying in a 2BR at SSR with 7 people total, but I forgot to add our extra people to the reservation before the deadline so I could only get 5 tickets. Husband and I have AP, the others attending won't have any tickets for the day. Can we show up to Epcot to check in at 7pm and allow the other 5 people to take the wristbands, but not actually attend the event ourselves? It says the member must be present at check in, but it doesn't say that the member has to attend the event himself.
At one time you would get the wrist bands at the resort and that would have let you picked which 5 went - and it was a much smoother process as checkin was already taken care of.

But alas, as of now a member would need to be one of the initial 5. Hopefully you'll find someone with a spare ticket.

FWIW, the check in situation at DCA last month was done differently than any other MM I've attended (many). There was a "ticket validation" process that was required first in a separate queue apart from the entry gates, after which non-DVC guests were free to enter without the DVC member. My guests did in fact enter without me, and I did ask beforehand to make sure that was possible. I only had to show my ID to the ticket validator, not at the turnstiles nor to the separate CMs who gave out wristbands and food vouchers (it was very chaotic and disorganized, and again I'm just sharing this FWIW) so I see no reason why you couldn't give your ticket to someone else after validating it...IF they were to use this same procedure at your MM event.

FWIW, the check in situation at DCA last month was done differently than any other MM I've attended (many). There was a "ticket validation" process that was required first in a separate queue apart from the entry gates, after which non-DVC guests were free to enter without the DVC member. My guests did in fact enter without me, and I did ask beforehand to make sure that was possible. I only had to show my ID to the ticket validator, not at the turnstiles nor to the separate CMs who gave out wristbands and food vouchers (it was very chaotic and disorganized, and again I'm just sharing this FWIW) so I see no reason why you couldn't give your ticket to someone else after validating it...IF they were to use this same procedure at your MM event.
Yes dca does it differently. At WDW, the CM puts the wristband on the guest all at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter